Bergara barrels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultratec00

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these aftermarket barrels? Compared to factory TC, you can't beat the price. The price difference between a TC PH ML barrel and a Bergara ML barrel is about $140. They are identical in lenght and fluted. I was debating about picking up a 243 barrel for my encore. Found a 28" stainless bull barrel for $225. Can't beat that. Only wish it was in 6mm vs. 243.

They like heavy bullets in the centerfire. Just like any rifle, once you find the right powder and bullet, they will shoot with the rest of them.

I recently bought a SS .243 Bergara barrel for my Encore from Natches for $190. It shot .8" 5-shot groups right out of the box. I liked it so much I added a .308 WIN and .30-06 barrel to fill out my collection. I would have tried the 209ML barrel as well, but I just bought an Endeavor barrel. Bergara says the ML breechplug is proprietary, but offered no further description. I couldn't tell if would be a good match for BH209 powder, so I got the Endeavor instead. As it turns out, the Endeavor breechplug is so long I get hangfires with BH209. I may well have been better off with the Bergara. Machine work on Bergara barrels is top-shelf. I had very little copper fouling on the Bergara barrels as compared to TC. Natchez is giving these away at $190.

BPHunter said:
I recently bought a SS .243 Bergara barrel for my Encore from Natches for $190.

I looked all over natchez, but can't find any bergaras. That website is hard to navigate sometimes. Really have to dig to find what you're looking for.

Got it. Who would have thunk to look for an encore barrel under CVA?? Also see they don't have any of the 28" PH barrels listed, just ML which they are out of stock on.

thanks

Underclocked said:
http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?category=5&brand=CV&catLevel=1

Back