BH209 Cartridge Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCORD1

Reaction score
Has anyone used the bh209 for cartridge loads. I am trying it in my 45-70 Apex on Mon. I am using the load recommended by blackhorn. 405g lead flat point on top of 38g(by weight) of BH209.
Will report back Tue or Wed 18-19 nov.

Joe

I've only used it in .45 Colt cartridges shot out of a conversion cylinder in my Old Army.

I used 22.2 gr. of BH 209 pushing a cast 255 grain flat point bullet. That's the maximum load recommended by BlackHorn.
Accuracy was so-so at 35 yards about a 6-7" group for 6 shots. I may decrease the powder and see if that's more accurate .. after hunting season.

I've got a set of nipple conversions promised for the ROA that will fire small pistol primers. If they are hot enough to ignite BlackHorn reliably, I'm going to have a new favorite gun and load for hunting. I can't wait to see if they will do the trick. :face:

I've been loading 45 Colt cartridges with bh209. I've weighed out 20 grains of bh209 and a 230 grain lead bullet and I shoot them in my Remington cartridge conversion without any issues.

Latest posts

Back