BH209 Revisited!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Brickseek (BS) tells you what a Wal-Mart has on order, not what they have on hand.
One employee told me around the end of July, that they get and put on the shelf "muzzleloader stuff" in early August. BS already showed 5 - 8oz, but none there till mid Aug. I got one (of 5) that was sent to middle TN, the rest were gone by of end of Aug.
It's time to try some Pyrodex RS at 1/4 the cost.
IMG_20220814_124727233.jpg

I think Brickseek (BS) tells you what a Wal-Mart has on order, not what they have on hand.....................
Maybe in your neck of the woods, but its been 100% accurate here. If it says 5 bottles in stock, there's 5 bottles on the shelf.

Here's 10 bottles +/- locally and its ON THE SHELF.
1662432081304.png
U.P. Walmart and it'll be on the shelves there too.

1662432242564.png

Note: Now that all the Michigan guys know where its at, you might find the shelves empty or with only a bottle or two left. :)

Last edited:
i haven't seen any 209 primers (ML or not) at any walmart . the BP i got 4 boxes of 777 ML's from was sold out last friday .

Wow, how much for 8oz? If I ever shoot the 10 pounds I have I'll have to re think my powder choice. Wont tell you guys that I paid under $200 for each 5 pound keg I picked up off the local classified ads twice from the same person when prices were crazy high but then again he sold me 500 pounds of lead for $.32 a pound.

I just don’t understand the frenzy over it for so little gain! I really think it’s the marketing behind it thats driving the demand for it, as well as the price! Kinda like what happened when the all mighty 6.5 Creedmore round was introduced. They marketed that thing as “the caliber to make all other calibers obsolete”. 😂 The Gun writers got paid well on that campaign! So many 6.5 CM rifles were sold and flooded the market so bad, that a lot of gun shops around here now won’t buy any used ones or even take them in on trade.

Well BH209 is a really great product just too expensive at $52/8 oz. For what it is worth - it's still selling out around me at that price. For me the value is that the powder is not effected by humidity/rain. I will have to make some decisions once I run out.

I bought a Sako in 6.5 CM . Love the rifle in that chamber, It' a great low recoil round that shoot very flat. I have yet to use it for hunting.

What is odd is that when using Brickseek just now for my location, they show the MSRP to be $36.86, but the shelf price is $52.00. Price gouging?

Nothing in any of the Wally’s near me. They’re going woke some I expect them to get out of everything firearm related

Back