BH209 Revisited!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's even more weird! For the last couple of years the Wally's near me had no guns at all, only ammo, clay pigeons and basic shooting accessories. This year they revamped the entire store and started to restock a modest selection of long arms again.

Its not malwart, its the community the store is in and the demand for product there. Maybe try to talk to the dept or store manager and see if they will order the bh209 for you or just stock it. Promise to buy what they bring in and you may get something.

Its not malwart, its the community the store is in and the demand for product there. Maybe try to talk to the dept or store manager and see if they will order the bh209 for you or just stock it. Promise to buy what they bring in and you may get something.
Last Firearms store closed doors last month. Dunhams and Wilderness Sports -- local sporting goods shops -- sell firearms but stock is an issue. Lots of hunters, shooters, & gun friendly folks in UP. Many buy online and transfer thru the 2 above or one of several local FFL's as not infrequently gun + shipping + transfer is less than best price found locally. Wally's has a small selection of handguns and long guns but each time they rearrange the store the firearms/hunting section gets smaller.

A few years ago in one of our two stores some idiot asked to see a shotgun, then commenced to load it and sent a few rounds into the ceiling of the store. Both stores at that point cleared all the guns and muzzleloading accessories [powders, primers and bullets] from shelves and stopped selling anything but a few random rounds of ammunition. I'm not certain what other stores here in Minnesota have for stock but in this town, nothing that goes boom is in stock.

I've spoken to both store managers and asked if they'd relax some of the ban but they seem to share the same corporate rectal-cranial inversion and will not budge.

Well I have a bottle of BH209 almost full. This is the second time I tried it. First time when not long after it came out and guys were swearing by it so I thought I'd give it a try. It didn't impress me then and it doesn't impress me now. I get much better accuracy with different powders in every gun I've tried it in.
My favorite and most accurate powder in each of my inlines is Alliant Black MZ. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore but I still have 9 containers on hand. I bought it at $9 a pop from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Latest posts

Back