Black bear bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Reaction score
I am somewhat new to muzzleloading. I am about to try black bear hunting for the first time with a smoke pole. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good bullet for bear. Of course I want a fast, clean kill. I'm not interested in something that can split a hair from 30 miles away or anything, just something that gets the job done at reasonable ranges. Thanks alot.

Welcome to the forum Zac!

What kind of muzzleloader to you have and what are you all ready shooting in it? Will the bear be over bait or spot and stalk?

I'm actually about to buy a new muzzleloader. Mine was stolen in December when I moved to Washington. I'm not looking for anything fancy, probably a cva buckhorn or wolf something. I was shooting mostly Hornady XTP/MAGs 240 and 300 Gr. I'll spot and stalk, baiting bear is illegal in Washington.
Thanks again.

Why don't you consider a Knight Wolverine 209? Nothing fancy, but one great muzzleloader! I've been trying to get someone to buy this one at auction arms. It's a GREAT price!

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/d... KNIGHT WSO2C WOLVERINE STAINLESS .50 CAL 26

As far as bullets go....I'd probably go with a Barnes 250gr Expander or a 250gr T/C Bonded Shockwave. Shoot the one that groups the best for you. The XTPs you have used in the past should be fine as well. I use at least 100gr ffg Triple Se7en.

Bullets?

In my omega I use 250gr sst, 2-777 pellets. They group good and took down a big black bear this past spring. I can't wait to try it out on deer this fall.

Latest posts

Back