black horn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

long shot

Reaction score
Shot blackhorn from my Gibbs today. Used 11 Cap, and 5 grains of 3fff Swiss under the 209 charge. Small charge of 50by volume. Seems to have promise.

very interesting- please keep up info- also if musket cap is used later on - wonder how this would work with hawkens type rifle - would also be interesting of pressure produced as this would be key to barrel and action response -

don't think it would work without the 3fff under it. also don't know how high to go on black horn charge. i did load 5 without cleaning, between shots and that was using PP

45cal said:
don't think it would work without the 3fff under it. also don't know how high to go on black horn charge. i did load 5 without cleaning, between shots and that was using PP
I used 70 gr on top of 5 gr pyrodex and it worked good for me
I never went above that but 70 of Blackhorn was accurate and I didn’t have any problems. This was in my White English Sporting rifle . I only shot 90 gr pyrodex in my Gibbs but it shouldn’t be any different than the ESR

Back