• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blackhorn 209 Cabela's in stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Hodgdon own both 777 and BH 209. They could just quit making 777 as easy. They control the market and availability. Just a thought
I wish they would drop 777 n jack BH-209 on up to at least $100 per 8 oz container. Cause i won't buy BH-209 at those prices. Never have bought any of it yet. Blk. powder does me plenty good since 1957

Blackhorn 209 used to be about $30 for a 10 ounce can. I still have my old can. Like hamburgers, they cut the size of the hamburger and bun down and added a much higher price. 8 ounces for $70 ? It just isn't right.

I know I'm repeating, so sorry in advance....but I just bought some at Sportsman's Warehouse for 48.95 per 8 oz bottle. Go in person and tell them you believe it's supposed to be marked down to 48.95. Also, some places have low price match gaurantee...
You done good.I don't know anyone selling it that cheap to show them other than scammers.

My daughter called me and said she was at Cabelas and they had BH-209. Dad how many do you want me to get? When she told me the price $79 i said leave it on the shelf. That said I was in BP short time ago picking up some reloading tools and they price matched. I saved about 30 percent.

With the expense of the bullet, primer, and powder, it could cost as much as $5 for every shot.
That's cheaper than my Weatherbys and 7mm STW.
Way cheaper than those TSS everyone in Turkey hunting world have to have.I shoot cheaper Winchester longbeards. Anything "special " is out of sight these days

I hope that somebody from whatever company makes Blackhorn 209 is reading this, and sees that a bunch of people, myself included, will not be purchasing, at all, at this price.

I've never tried BH209, but would definitely be interested in using it for multi-day hunting trips, to ease cleaning. It sounds like a great product, but I won't pay more than double what BP or a substitute costs.

Blackhorn 209 has been sort of that magic powder for my cousin and I for quite a few years in that we only take our in lines hunting during the gun season for deer. We do not practice through the year with them at all. Each year just before hunting season, we get together and check zero in those rifles and every time we only have to fire one shot and the bullet finds it's mark in the bullseye at 100 yards. So, it is a consistent powder and we are much more pleased with it then those terrible pellet type powders. But like I said in the above post, we will not buy anymore when ours is gone but at the rate we shoot, it will last us forever, our forever.

Just bought BH 209 at Cabelas in Triadelphia, WV. Sad to say what I just payed for it, but I just bought one. There was about 20 left.

This was my first time buying BH and I also have 777 to shoot. Going to test both powders this spring and hopefully I can make the 777 work.

Back