Blackhorn has went up again.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sportsman's warehouse has it for 79.00. It will be 100.00 by next yr. Planning on watching around. If i can find it for 65.00 locally. I will buy few. That will do me a long time.

Sounds like there's a good chance that I might go back to using 777, or maybe even try some Shooters World. I never had any problems with 777 other than the crud ring, and no more than I shoot that really isn't a problem. I have been using Bh209 for a few years now, but honestly I kinda miss the big cloud of smoke at the end of the barrel created by 777.

Fifteen or so years ago everyone started using BH209, including myself. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I still have a small stockpile of BH209 that I have not shot in several years since the prices started to sky rocket. I currently shoot mostly Swiss and some T7 as well as some smokeless in my smokeless rig. I refuse to pay those BH209 prices even though I can afford them. I now have a new appreciation for regular black powder.
I was fine before BH209 and I will be fine again without it.

Looks like demand is outstripping the inventory and production. When too many people want it and they are willing to pay for it the prices goes up and up. At least to the point where everyone says no I don’t want it anymore. But when that is is anyone’s guess.
Maybe that says something about Blackhorn that many are not willing to admit, eh?

Latest posts

Back