Bought some new reels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Tired of the plastic junk we got and so i bought my nephew and i some new reels. My first abu garcia was the 275u and i loved that thing until i lost a washer in it. Still have it so im going to look into getting it repaired.

Bought the 276i for my nephew.
$(KGrHqF,!pUFD2b164JZBRFB0g(OLw~~60_57.JPG

And for myself the 276ui. The actions i guess you call them are just so smooth on these reels and let you feel the smallest nibble on the lure. Well affordable to. I just hope these 2 are like my first one.
$(KGrHqQOKioE5ejj7CNIBOifINJw6!~~_12.JPG

The bad news, I have to change the handle over to the correct side and thats EXACTLY how i messed up my first abu reel :lol:

The pictured ones' handles are already on the correct side for a right-handed person. Cast with the right, reel with the left = no lost time switching hands to reel.

Lose a few big ones by fumbling around switching hands and you'll learn to reel with the left hand. I did.

I stay traditional, and use RH wind reels on my bamboo fly rods.

What else would someone who loves sidelocks do?

Picked up this cool pole today! I put my nephews new reel on it and will buy myself one next time i am back at that store. Great deal! No more tangled line or hooks falling off and making a mess in my other fishing rod lines. only $12 to!
563653_10151429565192875_83105666_n.jpg

Got the handle changed over today! I used a pair of pliers and pulled extremely hard and the little piece that has to be switched over to the other side, pulled out finally and i was able to make the change over. Huge relief! I cant get used to that left hand reeling stuff!

Can ya feel anything nibbling on that tip? What store did ya get them in? Nice reels and rod. Good luck. Give us a sitrep!

I found a preacher selling old reels at his yard sale, $3.00 each, they were good quality reels someone gave him to sell. These were older reels, of different kinds. I bought one, went home and cleaned it up and lubed it, WOW, worked great, so went back and bought all his spinning reels and a couple of bait casting reels. Every one of them work great, just needed a little TLC. A few cost $200 each new. Anyway, I did very well, and will never have to buy another reel.

Latest posts

Back