Bowtech Liberty VFT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerNut

Reaction score
Does or has anybody shoot/shot the Bowtech Liberty? I'm seriously looking at a Brand new '04. I can get a pretty good price on it and they will take my used bow on a trade ('04 martin magnum phantom II).

This is THE bow sold here locally (no Mathews dealer) so I wanted to get some opinions. Any comments would be great.

I plan to go shoot it on Saturday, so I'll get a "feel" for the bow, but I won't know the "issues" that might come with the bow.

Liberty

I have a friend that tried one. He says that it is not that forgiving of a bow. No room for error in your shot or it's way off.

I have never shot one though. Just a buddy's opinion.

I shoot a Mathews Legacy. Look at finding a used Mathews would be my advice, unless you can get that bow to feel like an extension of your hand when you shoot it - like my Legacy does to me. :?

Yes, I have shot one.It probably has the smoothest draw cycle of any bow ever built.It was the quietest bow (Mathews included for our friend above)I have ever shot.It is as foregiving as any other bow with a 7 or 7.5 brace height.The best thing is to shoot one for yourself.If my wife would say ok I would have one this season.

Hey Nut!!
You know by now I am a hard core Mathews fan, and wouldn't knowingly steer ya wrong. My advise would be to buy a Mathews new or used. If you go used, get a late model Q2, SQ2, Legacy, Outback or the SWITCHBACK. I have stayed with the Q2 (their best selling bow to date)because it's what I HAVE, and none of the other models have impressed me as really being worth the difference in hard earned cash. Until the Switchback XT!

Enough pontificating....
My bro-in-law has a new BOWTEC Liberty and he loves it. His leage scores have increased greatly since he gave up his Hoyt. Nothing against Hoyt, he just likes the Bowtec better.

Thought you'd like to know... :)

If you go used, get a late model Q2, SQ2, Legacy, Outback or the SWITCHBACK

Hey Spit,
Any advice on what problems to look for on a used bow? I was looking at E-bay for a Mathews, but I'm a little worried about buying used, sight unseen.

Also, I think I found a Mathews dealer in Saskatchewan. He's a 3 hour drive away, but it might be worth it. I want to phone the store today and hear what he has. You're a very convincing salesman, and your track record is hard to argue with :D !

redfish said:
Yes, I have shot one.It probably has the smoothest draw cycle of any bow ever built.It was the quietest bow (Mathews included for our friend above)I have ever shot.It is as foregiving as any other bow with a 7 or 7.5 brace height.The best thing is to shoot one for yourself.If my wife would say ok I would have one this season.

Thanks for your feedback! I am going tomorrow to hopefully shoot one. I guess we'll see.

One thing I have learned in over 25 years of archery is that no one can pick a bow for someone else.What I may love,you may hate.Don't limit yourself to just Bowtech or Mathews,nowdays most manufactuers make top shelf equiptment.Shoot as many as you can then pick the one you like the best. :)

Well, I went and shot the Liberty Bowtech, and what an awesome bow. I loved it so much I actually dreamt about it last night :shock: . One of the great things about this bow is the pro-shop that sells it. They actually let me take it home for the weekend to let me decide on it...thats cusomer service. Not only that they are going to sell it to me at cost and let me trade my old bow towards it.

For the money and customer service, I can't resist....so long Martin and hello Bowtech!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the dream thing IS a little wierd. :lol:

SSSSMMOOOOOOTTHHH...........

It made my beloved Phantom Magnum seem like an old creeky screen door....and I really like that bow.

Ok, which shop were you at? Would like to check it out.

No. 1 Archery, just 10 minutes east of Regina. I've dealt with them for almost 18 years and I would find it very difficult to buy a bow from anywhere else (they don't carry Mathews..sorry Spit). I tend to be very loyal, even to the point of it being a fault.

They also have a wholesale business called Golden Arrow. http://www.goldenarrow.sk.ca/

Next time I'm down there will have to check them out

Latest posts

Back