Boycott/ Limit purchase of BH 209?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While in the Sportsman's Warehouse in Lansing (Michigan), the store clerks (2) originally rang me up at $69.99. I shared my belief the price should be $48.95.
They looked it up and agreed. They also advised there's no longer a limit of 1 imposed. Picked up some for myself. Maybe it's just me, but I think meeting face/face and discussing prices with the shop keepers/clerks could yield better results than relying on posted prices. My 0.02 (in canadian funds) worth.

Just as I was looking at this a commercial was on for "The Beverly Hillbillies" Made me think there's a new "black gold" on the block, and it's name is BH209!
Back when television and music were great. Not so much anymore. I don't care if 'Three Timing Housewives of Podunk Jersey' are having prunes for dinner or not... unless they crap on the set. Now that would be reality TV

Back when television and music were great. Not so much anymore. I don't care if 'Three Timing Housewives of Podunk Jersey' are having prunes for dinner or not... unless they crap on the set. Now that would be reality TV
Just about everything I watch is old. At night when I'm watching "The Andy Griffith Show" and my son or wife make a comment, I tell them it could be one of the lost episodes no one has ever seen before 🤣

Well, we finally have BH209 in Ontario Canada, a very slim supply, $129.99/8oz bottle, + 13% tax, +$30-$40 shipping, so lets say $35 for shipping, that works out to be $181.88/8oz bottle, and this stuff is made in Canada?

We need someone who is a Chemist to look at the following and come up with another brand, with a similar formulation.

https://blackhorn209.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-Blackhorn-209-SDS.pdf

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/7d/49/58/055ee6663da45e/US8257522.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, it probably won't happen, but it would look good on them if people did stop buying BH 209,

There is an alternative, if I can get a company to mass produce it.

I have one major company now looking at the Patent and considering production.

The following message has been sent out to several companies. One company (BPI) seemed upset in the response it got back from them, because this product would compete with their products. That should not be a surprise.

===============================

I have developed a new cartridge for muzzleloading rifles which is loaded from the muzzle but ejects itself from the barrel after use and is non-corrosive. This product sets a new standard in safety and reliability for muzzleloader ammunition in the same way shotgun shells are standardized for use in shotguns. Shotshells have a load of shot and powder which produce a safe pressure in shotguns manufactured by many different companies. The pressure produced by this cartridge can be designed to work safely in the muzzleloaders produced by the various manufacturers. It would also greatly help new muzzleloader shooters with safety, and it would also give them a product which will not destroy the barrel of their muzzleloader due to corrosive residue.

Those who say smokeless powder cannot be used in a muzzleloader may not know “Blackhorn 209” is 83% smokeless powder, based on the MSD sheet for the product. Therefore, the claim that smokeless powder cannot be used safely in a muzzleloader falls apart very quickly. (https://blackhorn209.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022-Blackhorn-209-SDS.pdf)

This cartridge could also be loaded with BH209 or a similar formulation in states which do not allow "smokeless" powder during muzzleloader season, in the same way the breechloading "Firestick" cartridge is now used in the "Nitrofire" muzzleloader. This would be a "Muzzlestick" cartridge which would work in thousands of other modern muzzleloaders, which cannot use the "Firestick" cartridge.

This cartridge can also be removed from inline muzzleloaders by removing the breechplug.

I am now looking for a company willing to mass produce this new cartridge for the market. I would greatly appreciate it if you would pass this information along to those you know who may be interested in this new product.

A link is found below which demonstrates this new product.

YouTube video: “Self-Ejecting Muzzleloader Safety Cartridge: Product Debut (short version)”

Back