Boyd’s royal jacaranda

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received a new Boyd’s stock for my mountaineer thought I’d share the color in case anyone is looking to get one. This is the featured weight thumb hole. The fit was perfect hope this might help someone 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
update: after some further fitting i have discoverd that my ramrod being nice and snug was actually lifting the barrel up enough so that the barrel was free floating. when i remove the ramrod and tighten up the stock, my paper will not slide in if i lossen the screw a quarter turn or so then it will slip in. im guesing i will need to sand the barrel channel a little. looking for any info as to what to use for this procedure. i will deal with the ramrod after i get proper barrel fit.thanks

I’ve used a socket wrapped with sandpaper. Time consuming but works. You could also place a metal washer in the bottom of the recoil lug area. See if that cures it without sanding, then epoxy the washer in place.
Thanks for the tip. Never thought of raising it in lug area. I’ll give it a try

Latest posts

Back