Brass Part with Triumph kit....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_vanfossen

Reaction score
I'm curious about the brass attachment that mounts to the ramrod to load the sabot bullets.

Does It have any other uses besides loading bulltes?

Thanks
Brian

jag

You put that knurled tip on the jag and a spit patch if you do that between shots then a dry patch.

Re: jag

Bucker said:
You put that knurled tip on the jag and a spit patch if you do that between shots then a dry patch.

what do you mean "put that knurled tip on the jag"?

thanks

The one that came with my triumph is like the one you linked to but is about 4 inches long... I see you can wrap a patch around it to swab with it but don't understand why there isn't something like a slit to make sure the patch stays in position. Unless there is a technique I'm not familiar with.

Thanks

that's it swampman. is there any way to secure it without having to hold it until it is in the bore?

My .30 cal jags have a little point on the tip that pierces the patch securing it...

I was shocked this has nothing that my little mind could figure out- lol

Friction will keep it on the jag. It's a little tricky, but you'll get the hang of it.

I can do it- no problem there. It is just a little inconveinent until I buy its replacement...

thanks

Back