Buffalo Bullet 285 SSB's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
I just picked up 2 boxes of these bullets for $6.oo per boxof 36. I like the fact that they're all lead. "Look" fairly aerodynamic. Anyone used these? The company does not seem to have a website.

Buffalo Bullet Company makes lots of different bullets and projectiles.

They make an excellent roundball, ball-et, and all lead projectiles. One of my favorite are the 375 grain SSB. They tend to shoot excellent and have some impressive down range thump.

Grouse said:
I hope there not the old ones,they were really undersized. They were correcting the problem awhile back.

I think they are the old ones :cry: They practically drop down the bore. Maybe they'll be effective fishing sinkers.

375gBuffaloSSBaugBD3a.jpg

Don't be too quick to over look those older SSB's the ones I have load real easy but they sure shoot well. In fact some of the groups I have shot with them were hard to believe.

This picture shows my groups I shot with them they day they arrived at my house. I had been on the 100 yard range all day. I had shot over 30 rounds through my Black Diamond XR and the rifle was filthy dirty. I swabbed it out, opened my UPS box and tried some of the 375 grain SSB's. They first high. I then made a correction in the scope and shot the second group. Then without swabbing shot a couple more to see what would happen. They are the OOPPs... but if I swab the barrel, my Thompson Center will really lay them in there. They also shoot well out of some of my other inlines as well.

So give them a try. You might like them.. Good luck.

Dave: My only fear with them is the potential of the bullet being moved off the the charge. I'm kinda paranoid about that. :?

while that might concern me.. I would still try them out. Shoot the barrel fowled. That will decrease the diameter of your bore and make the projectile more prone to stay in there... what you got to loose.

doegirl said:
Dave: My only fear with them is the potential of the bullet being moved off the the charge. I'm kinda paranoid about that. :?

So am i. :wink: Like Dave says, they are accurate. So are alot of other bullets that arent that loose. :)

Back