tripe 7 powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother is almost out of bh 209 powder so I am leading him towards triple 7 powder.I see where a lot of guys are using it so I figure it must be good.We went to the gun store where I bought my t/c Omega mzl loader to build my sml Omega.Has triple 7 powder for $35.00 for 1 pound containers.With the price of bh209 at the price it is,we can get 2 lbs of triple 7 powder.Also he has several packages of horhaday 45/40 200 grains sst bullets and sabots at 20 per box for under $10.00 per box.Is the price on the powder a good deal to jump on,and since I shoot the 200 sst's I am going to pick up 2 boxes of the bullets.

My brother is almost out of bh 209 powder so I am leading him towards triple 7 powder.I see where a lot of guys are using it so I figure it must be good.We went to the gun store where I bought my t/c Omega mzl loader to build my sml Omega.Has triple 7 powder for $35.00 for 1 pound containers.With the price of bh209 at the price it is,we can get 2 lbs of triple 7 powder.Also he has several packages of horhaday 45/40 200 grains sst bullets and sabots at 20 per box for under $10.00 per box.Is the price on the powder a good deal to jump on,and since I shoot the 200 sst's I am going to pick up 2 boxes of the bullets.
Yessir, I've been picking up T7 this past yr myself. I shoot it in literally every muzzleloader/BP shotgun/BP pistol I have, except for my Paramount.
As HC & Phalanx have stated, nowadays - between 32-35.00 per lb is the going price, the days of it being 22-24.00 per lb or less are long gone.
Using T7 with those bullets/sabots, thats a very economical load to shoot.

$40 to $45 around here for 1 lb of 777 ffg or fffg .
DANG!!!! Is that with lube or without? That ought to come with some "BoreButter" & swabs at that price. But isn't it wild that a huge price spike like that will trigger mass buying/Hoarding of it, instead of ppl stopping buying it altogether or as much as possible ( like with BH 209 right now ) until the sellers come to their senses again.

great price on the bullets. Might want to look at the Shooters World Multi Purpose BP at Scheel's. is going for 26.99 a pound and has no crud ring and shoots about 70fps less than t7. My CVA mrx 45 loves it and cleans up with water based products. I bought 5 pounds is my new go to. BH209 is selling for 90 for 8 oz here. I have T7 as well good powder, just can't get away from crud ring. tried different primers did not effect it at all Switch to Shooters world. problem fixed.

great price on the bullets. Might want to look at the Shooters World Multi Purpose BP at Scheel's. is going for 26.99 a pound and has no crud ring and shoots about 70fps less than t7. My CVA mrx 45 loves it and cleans up with water based products. I bought 5 pounds is my new go to. BH209 is selling for 90 for 8 oz here. I have T7 as well good powder, just can't get away from crud ring. tried different primers did not effect it at all Switch to Shooters world. problem fixed.

So, you must be the new Shooter's World Multi-Purpose BP spokesperson? You seem to be on a major league campaign here. For me personally buying this would be going backwards so I don't plan to. And personally, I don't buy anything in the order of powder or bullets or etc until it's passed the fool's rush test. Honestly every thread you've posted in regarding this stuff has had basically the same input and it really is starting to sound like some of out tv commercials and I despise tv commercials, hence my comments here.

My Scheels doesn't carry it, so it must not be that great, since my Scheels carries everything I need right now.

You might be a nice guy and all, but, sorry, this spiel over and over again about some new "wonder" powder really wearing thin with me. This is the only thing you've posted on. Nothing of relevance after the first post, just this powder. Give it a rest.

I found that same page with my Google search, Jeff. It doesn't offer much.

My issue is that he's a very new poster and most of what he's posted has been nothing more than an advertisement that leaves a lot of info out of it. Black powders exist that require no swabbing between shots unless one is leaning towards repeatable accuracy, so the claim that this powder is like BH is moot. Much of his posting is darned near cut-paste. Same old, same old. Enough is enough.

If this product is new, it needs to pass the time and use test. In my opinion, it hasn't. Mentioning it once or twice I understand, but this is beyond that and is maddening. Let the powder prove itself and then members will start commenting on it. The sales pitch isn't needed here. The maker can go buy some legitimate advertising if the stuff is so good.

Ummm Houston we have a problem n its not us ! Y'all see the trend of the lighter oz'z of BH-209 n jacking the price towards the Ben mark. Its all about money YOURS! I refuse to pay any price above $25 for a half pound of powder i would have to shoot from my sml because of the back pressure. Trip 7 3 f is ok duplexing in my rock sparkers. Using it in my T/C Hawken using 60 gr n above i get the crud ring. I don't like that at all. I have 4 lbs of that which will last me rest of my life. I just bought 6 lbs of Rebranded Shuetzen from Graf's at $26 n a bit of change per lb. I don't really like the velocity it gives but it is black powder. Later this year i will be able to get Swiss off which at this time is the best on the market

Ummm Houston we have a problem n its not us ! Y'all see the trend of the lighter oz'z of BH-209 n jacking the price towards the Ben mark. Its all about money YOURS! I refuse to pay any price above $25 for a half pound of powder i would have to shoot from my sml because of the back pressure. Trip 7 3 f is ok duplexing in my rock sparkers. Using it in my T/C Hawken using 60 gr n above i get the crud ring. I don't like that at all. I have 4 lbs of that which will last me rest of my life. I just bought 6 lbs of Rebranded Shuetzen from Graf's at $26 n a bit of change per lb. I don't really like the velocity it gives but it is black powder. Later this year i will be able to get Swiss off which at this time is the best on the market
Try OE (close 2nd) as it is quite similar to swizz at quite a bit cheaper/Ed

Old Ensyford is good powder. Similar to Swiss. Too bad it's not available anymore.
Maybe when that new company that took over Goex will start producing it again one of these days.

I have not found any OE or GOEX any where close to me. I have to order everything n pay Hazmat n have to get a min. of 4 lbs at a time
Did not realize that was an issue , I save and buy by the case (25LBS) 50 LBS max per individual and it's quite a bit cheaper /shipping/hazmat all included $18.00LB last ordered OE 1 1/2 F/2F/3Fmixed order /Powder Inc /2 yrs ago . That's why I save up my money and buy it before I run low (not happening) hence I save up all my aggravation for misinformed individuals on online forums / Ed

Old Ensyford is good powder. Similar to Swiss. Too bad it's not available anymore.
Maybe when that new company that took over Goex will start producing it again one of these days.
O well , glad I got what I got ! Another reason to buy when you can (plan ahead)/Ed

Did not realize that was an issue , I save and buy by the case (25LBS) 50 LBS max per individual and it's quite a bit cheaper /shipping/hazmat all included $18.00LB last ordered OE 1 1/2 F/2F/3Fmixed order /Powder Inc /2 yrs ago . That's why I save up my money and buy it before I run low (not happening) hence I save up all my aggravation for misinformed individuals on online forums / Ed
Yes sir n i understand. I don't have n never have had funds to cover that many lbs of powder.

So, you must be the new Shooter's World Multi-Purpose BP spokesperson? You seem to be on a major league campaign here. For me personally buying this would be going backwards so I don't plan to. And personally, I don't buy anything in the order of powder or bullets or etc until it's passed the fool's rush test. Honestly every thread you've posted in regarding this stuff has had basically the same input and it really is starting to sound like some of out tv commercials and I despise tv commercials, hence my comments here.

My Scheels doesn't carry it, so it must not be that great, since my Scheels carries everything I need right now.

You might be a nice guy and all, but, sorry, this spiel over and over again about some new "wonder" powder really wearing thin with me. This is the only thing you've posted on. Nothing of relevance after the first post, just this powder. Give it a rest.
Mr Tom, sorry I have rubbed you that way. The forum was to post things that may help others. Just posting my experience with the products I am using. If they help others that is all I want. If it bothers you then delete the thread and move on. I really did not post it thinking this will bother Mr. Tom. Hoping you have the attitude to continue to help others with the learned information you have. I agree with parts of your post as to not run to something that you think has not been proven. Time will tell just like anything in this shooting sport. Hoping things go well for you. If you would like some information On Shooters World Powder let me know I can send you a link. Stay safe,

Back