tripe 7 powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that same page with my Google search, Jeff. It doesn't offer much.

My issue is that he's a very new poster and most of what he's posted has been nothing more than an advertisement that leaves a lot of info out of it. Black powders exist that require no swabbing between shots unless one is leaning towards repeatable accuracy, so the claim that this powder is like BH is moot. Much of his posting is darned near cut-paste. Same old, same old. Enough is enough.

If this product is new, it needs to pass the time and use test. In my opinion, it hasn't. Mentioning it once or twice I understand, but this is beyond that and is maddening. Let the powder prove itself and then members will start commenting on it. The sales pitch isn't needed here. The maker can go buy some legitimate advertising if the stuff is so good.
Mr. Tom did you know about the powder prior to me mentioning it? If not you learned something. What can you offer. I am a new poster but have been shooter BP rifles since 1976. Mostly traditional style. I am new to inline excited to share my learned knowledge. Hopefully you can do the same.

Say it once and be done. You don't need to run thru six different postings and say the same thing about the powder. Its annoying. People here are smart and aware of new things. They don't need repeated stuff fogging threads. If you like the powder, say so, then move on and enjoy your new-found treasure. As for learning anything, when it comes to "new" powders, when I see positive replies by a dozen of the seasoned contributors here, then I start to pay attention.

understood Thanks for the Input -- First time on a forum. As a older gentleman I was nice to find others out there with same interest. Thanks again

MrTom i've been trying to find more info on that SWMP powder and there is some out there , but not much actual use comments . not having to swab like blackhorn (for WAY less money) and having almost the same power as 777 powder (for 2/3 the cost) is interesting .

https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...SAQM3LjKYAQCgAQHIAQXAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

I haven’t tried any of these and am not really interested but from what I can tell, SW Multi Purpose Black (made by American Pioneer Powder) is essentially Alliant Black MZ/American Pioneer/Jim Shockey Gold powder rebranded.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5714064/all/Alliant_Black_MZ
https://forums.sassnet.com/index.ph...-world-multi-purpose-black-sulfurless-powder/
MSDS sheets on APP (from the Shooters World website), Jim Shokey Gold and Black MZ also appear to be essentially the same ingredients.

25446A84-E48F-46A3-8CE1-29E3A1B7E720.jpeg
E0985097-EEF5-49B9-8181-C0F59DC39FBC.jpeg
1CF8BE18-54CD-4581-89B0-9FA9FB7DE89B.jpeg

I see that Graf&sons has in stock for 25 bucks a pound, which ain't a bad price.
Graf has a 4 pound minimum online order.
I can't see me ordering any in the near future, unless I read a lot more positive reviews.

I don't buy anything in the order of powder or bullets or etc until it's passed the fool's rush test.

Shooters World Black 3F has passed this fools test.

No crud ring, residue from firing does not accumulate, no swabbing between shots and the rifle cleans up nicely with tap water. Velocity of 100 grains of Shooters World and the 250 grain SST bullet in the black crush rib sabot is 70 fps < 100 grains of Triple Seven with the same bullet and sabot. At $25.99 per pound i can afford to use a little more powder.

Last week my grand daughters husband fired the best five shot 125 yard muzzleloader groups i've ever seen with that powder. My Triple Seven is going away Saturday.

I see that Graf&sons has in stock for 25 bucks a pound, which ain't a bad price.
Graf has a 4 pound minimum online order.
I can't see me ordering any in the near future, unless I read a lot more positive reviews.
I went & looked at some of the powders n prices. The Trip 7 has went up $4 more a lb than i paid this past Fall. Still no 3 f Swiss, i was down to less than half lb of my 3 f GOEX. So i bought 6 lbs of 3 f Schuetzen. I do hope the Swiss comes on in this Spring

understood Thanks for the Input -- First time on a forum. As a older gentleman I was nice to find others out there with same interest. Thanks again
I've enjoyed your experiments.
Last spring I was in Billings Montana and was told that a certain shop had black. Well he didn't, but he had Jim Shockley's gold and said it would work in the flintlock. I rather had my doubts, but he only wanted $25 a pound so I got a pound. It did work using 4F for priming, but it had a noticeable lag time for shooting. Now my gun isn't one of them $2000 jobs, but I've tuned it where it works fairly good, especially with any kind of black I tried. I didn't get a chance to experiment much with it using percussion, and I think that would work fairly well. I was actually surprised it would even work in the flintlock. I pretty much believe that a flintlock is going to have to have black, if it's going to work as effectively as percussion. Anymore, most of my shooting is paper punching, so there's lots of time to experiment.

Squint

Say it once and be done. You don't need to run thru six different postings and say the same thing about the powder. Its annoying. People here are smart and aware of new things. They don't need repeated stuff fogging threads. If you like the powder, say so, then move on and enjoy your new-found treasure. As for learning anything, when it comes to "new" powders, when I see positive replies by a dozen of the seasoned contributors here, then I start to pay attention.
As for seasoned goes I will compare my wall mounts and gun cabinet and the ability to read a medicine bottle anytime. you assume wrong that I am not seasoned. I will continue to follow posts and attempt to adjust you for you are wrong about me. Stop your judging Sir. remember you poked the bear.

So, you must be the new Shooter's World Multi-Purpose BP spokesperson? You seem to be on a major league campaign here. For me personally buying this would be going backwards so I don't plan to. And personally, I don't buy anything in the order of powder or bullets or etc until it's passed the fool's rush test. Honestly every thread you've posted in regarding this stuff has had basically the same input and it really is starting to sound like some of out tv commercials and I despise tv commercials, hence my comments here.

My Scheels doesn't carry it, so it must not be that great, since my Scheels carries everything I need right now.

You might be a nice guy and all, but, sorry, this spiel over and over again about some new "wonder" powder really wearing thin with me. This is the only thing you've posted on. Nothing of relevance after the first post, just this powder. Give it a rest.
My my you must have had a Bad Hair day. Maybe Scheels ought to carried so you could try out a can of.
Ya know it takes the same amount of emotions to be nice as it does to be nasty

As for seasoned goes I will compare my wall mounts and gun cabinet and the ability to read a medicine bottle anytime. you assume wrong that I am not seasoned. I will continue to follow posts and attempt to adjust you for you are wrong about me. Stop your judging Sir. remember you poked the bear.
My my you must have had a Bad Hair day. Maybe Scheels ought to carried so you could try out a can of.
Ya know it takes the same amount of emotions to be nice as it does to be nasty
Time to let it go and move on please.

Hey, Have not posted in some time but still around. Was wondering if anyone would have an idea of the shelf life of Triple 7, thanks.

Bjgolfnut

Back