Building up a "new" inline!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Building up a "new" inline!

My dad overheard me talking about a muzzleloader an ex girl friend bought me back in 2003 when they first came out. He didn't tell me about it, but he found one and worked out a deal and gave it to me today for Christmas :cheers:

Winchester X-150 .50cal 1:28 twist.

I love the fit and feel of this Winchester. Sweet trigger, a little heavy at 8lbs in the nude, but so worth it when you pick it up!

The rifle is like new and came with bullets, original winchester breech plug grease, 2 209 breech plugs and the original <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> breech plug. Winchester sling also came with the rifle too! I believe this sling is what turned into CLAW slings.

I've already ordered a new CVA 209 HEX head breech plug and will o ring it to make it 100% ( or close to ) blowby free ignition.

Also ordered Medium Durasight QD rings and am currently looking for a  scope.

As for open sights, I am still searching, but so far it looks like the Williams peep/fiber optic front sight combo will go on it unless I go with the Williams Ghost ring rear sight. Still undecided.
100_2810.jpg

I am also searching for a  3-9x40 scope. Nikon is on the top right now, but also have been looking at bushnell. Just not a real bushnell fan lately.

Re: Building up a "new" inline!

I put in an offer for a 3-9x40 nikon buckmasters II scope. If he accepts the offer, I will be set.

Awesome thing, I ran a .500" Thor down the bore and man she fit nice and snug.

You're going to enjoy that rifle!

that rifle is like having a dream about something and when you wake up it isnt a dream you really do have it.

Had an awesome day with the new x150! I robbed a set of rings and the cheapie scope off another rifle I dont use and mounted everything last night. 4 shots at 25 yards to dial in the scope, then I went to 50 and blasted 9 more rounds because it was shooting great and recoil was nothing.

I didn't bother with target pics, to chilly and wasn't shooting for accuracy... but accuracy did I get!

I used 90gr Black MZ, Yellow Traditions EZ load sabot ( I think thats what they are called? ) 260gr Harvester scorpion PT Gold and a CCI 209 M primer. Never had to swab. I am sure that will chance once I seal up the bad primer blow by from the slotted breech plug lol. Just a great day with that Winchester. Brought back memories.
100_2811.jpg

Latest posts

Back