Burris Fullfield II w/ Ballistic Plex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
I'm looking for some opinions on this scope, preferably from those who have experience with one. I'm kinda thinking I may need one. I have too high powered of a scope on my AR for predator calling, it cost me a coyote at close range yesterday and almost cost me one last week. The scope I'm using is 6X on the low end and 18X on the high end. Great for punching paper and the occasional long shot, but not so good for those surprise close in shots. I can pull my scope off with 2 thumbscrews (Armalite 1 pc. mount) and I'm thinking if I buy another Armalite mount and put say a 3x9x40mm in it, then I've got 2 scopes ready to go to cover about anything. I'm leaning toward the Burris Fullfied II 3-9x40mm w/ Ballistic Plex. What say you guys about this scope??

P.S.>>>I like the idea of the Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40mm w/ Ballistic Plex that RW eluded to in his SHOT Show report but don't know when they will be making them availabe.

I've had the 3x9x40 and currently have the 4.5x14x42...Both great scopes for the money.... 3x9 was on my HB and the 4.5x14 is on my NEF/SMI Actually it?s the scope that shot my avatar group.

I have the 4.5-14X42 MYSELF! :D I've ALWAYS thought it was a very good scope optically! I had it on a .300 Winchester for a while. Now its not doing anything! :cry:

I just saw the Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40mm w/ Ballistic Plex reticle in the '06 Cabela's Shooting catalog. They're in stock but the price is $279.99! :shock: I can get the Burris for around $110 less than the Bushnell. :think:

Nic_58 said:
I'm looking for some opinions on this scope, preferably from those who have experience with one. I'm kinda thinking I may need one. I have too high powered of a scope on my AR for predator calling, it cost me a coyote at close range yesterday and almost cost me one last week. The scope I'm using is 6X on the low end and 18X on the high end. Great for punching paper and the occasional long shot, but not so good for those surprise close in shots. I can pull my scope off with 2 thumbscrews (Armalite 1 pc. mount) and I'm thinking if I buy another Armalite mount and put say a 3x9x40mm in it, then I've got 2 scopes ready to go to cover about anything. I'm leaning toward the Burris Fullfied II 3-9x40mm w/ Ballistic Plex. What say you guys about this scope??

It's a good scope. I like the ballistic plex reticle for hunting. I wish more scopes had them. It vs. the Bushnell 3200 with ballistic reticle comes down to price. The raingaurd is awesome but not for almost a hundred more.

I've got the Burris Fullfield II BallisticPlex reticle 3-9x40 and LOVE it. It was been banged around and I shoot loads with very stout recoil from my Savage, and neither boucing off or boulders or roots or shooting have moved the POI at all. Adjustments seem to be pretty consistent. IMO, very clear, bright optics, and I love the reticle.

I know there are better scopes out there, but I don't think there are for any where near the same money!

Latest posts

Back