Burris Signature Zee Rings Need Height Measurement Please??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Okay can someone that uses the Burris Signature Zee Rings provide some information on them???

I am looking for the measurement from where the Scope Sits to where the base makes contact with the bottom of the Rings what is the Measurement including the Synthetic Insert for a Medium Ring and also the High Ring. Being that these are Steel Rings what Bases can I use that will mount on a Knight Disc Elite in 50 Cal Stainless, the bases and rings can be Matte Finish. Just want to be sure what I am asking for once I make it to a Shop that carries these Bases and Rings?

Being the Warne Maxima Mediums .375 I will need at least .400 or something very close... in the Burris Signature Zee Weaver Style which ones???

Thanks,
Mike / LFM

Burris catalog lists the height (from top of base to bottom of scope tube) of the medium Zee Sig as .270; for the high Zee Sig it's .420. Whether or not this includes the insert I think the medium will be too short for your application. The high version should be OK; you could even stick a +/-.020 insert in each ring (thick half down) if you need a little extra height. Burris part #'s for high Zee Sig's are: matte black=420531, nickle=420532.

While I understand there are a couple of reasons to prefer to match steel bases with steel rings, I wouldn't sweat buckets of blood over the issue. If you have problems finding steel bases I'd try the bases you already have, even if they're aluminum. Nevertheless, here are some part #'s for steel bases:
Weaver Grand Slam: blued=48226(will need two)
Millet Angle-Loc: blued=ST00008, Nickle=ST00908 (comes in pairs)

Larry / FWF,

I visited the Burris Website and could not locate the specs on their rings. I went there twice today before posting this thread... I am not saying that bases are not available just that Burris does not make them for a Knight Disc Elite. As I have been looking, a few do make steel bases but many of the places you find one part like the rings they don't have the bases and if they carry the bases they don't carry the rings. I guess they don't like us mixing and matching one brand with another brand . Justs seems that Burris does not make a Weaver Style Base for a Knight...

Thanks for that information .420 seems about right I guess I am not that good with converting sizes in decimal to actual inch sizes but I know someone that can...

Thanks for your posts about this and the other about the Warne Rings...

Mike/LFM

LFM,
Yes, Burris generally sticks with the rotary dovetail (pioneered by Redfield, IIRC) system for their bases.

Burris Zee rings, however, should work with any other manufacturer's Weaver-format bases. This should include Weaver (standard and Grand Slam), Warne Maxima, Leupold QRW, Millett Angle-Loc, etc.

The two standardized American systems are the rotary dovetail (Redfield, Leupold, Burris, etc.) and the Weaver (made by just about everybody). As long as you stay within a particular system, you should be able to mix brands. When you mix, however, you are running more of a risk of running into problems with manufacturing tolerances, but the manufacturers do intend that the parts would be compatible. And, of course, the point of compatibility is the interface between the mount and the base; you can't expect to mis-match a pair of rings or a pair of bases and you can't expect to swap screws, clamps or other parts between brands.

Exactly what brand and model bases do you already have for the gun? Please include any markings and the color.

FWF,

The ones that came with the Rifle as a Kit was the Knight Bases and Rings in Silver and the Rings have an H stamped in them but they are the same as the Warne Lows I bought from Cabelas but they were to be High Rings. I tried them after trying the Warne Rings on the Knight Bases. The scope is touching the barrel but again have no idea which Knights I have and they are just not high enough to put scope caps on...

I did not think that the Rings that were from Knight would be high enough with a 44mm Scope Objective so I "Live Chatted" with Cabelas because I had this same scope on another Centerfire Rifle and used Medium height rings but looking for enough clearance to get a set of Butler Creek Flip Open Caps on it and they suggest Highs but when they arrived they were marked highs but really were only lows at .250.

I don't think Burris makes a Mount / Bases for the Knight in the Weaver Style or for that matter any of their Bases Since I have visited their website twice and did not find anything in regards to Knight Rifles...

I would love to use Burris Bases and Rings but so far have not found them anywhere...

Thanks for your Help...

Happy Holidays,
Mike / LFM
:arrow:

Burris just replied and they don't make a Weaver type Base so which Base should I buy for use with the Burris Signature Zee Rings? They do make a Universal Mount but I think it is one size fits all ML's not sure just how it will mate with a Knight Disc Elite Receiver??? ANd it is a different ring also not the Signature Zee Model might be just their Zee Rings.

Talley, Warne, Leupold, Weaver or ??? Which ones will have the best tolerances and in Steel?

Thanks,
Mike/LFM

Warne Maxima bases are steel, of high quality, and available for your Knight. They will work fine with the Burris "Z" type rings. I used them and Warne Quick Release rings on my Disc Elite. I mounted a low magnification, small objective lense scope on mine, so clearance wasn't a problem for me. I guess I wouldn't neccesarily write Warne rings off because Cabelas shipped the wrong rings. They are a great product. That said, the Burris Signature Z rings are also a great choice. I have converted all of my CF rifles to them. Below is the listing for Warne Maxima bases.
Mike

Front
Gloss - M826G
Matte - M826M
Silver - M826S

Rear
Gloss - M826G
Matte - M826M
Silver - M826S

I have a set of the Signature Bases and Rings on one of my CF Rifles but forgot all about them till I attempted to put the rings on the Simmons Scope and they were already starting to mar the scope tube and it was not even tighten down, that is when I remember the Burris Signature Rings with the Synthetic inserts and why they are available just for the reason of not marking up the scope tube. I am looking at Talley because the same place has the Signature Zee Rings but not the Warne Bases they carry other Bases but again I am no expert as to what is what when it comes to bases and rings just been satisfied with the Burris of all the ones I have used over the years. The ones that were the worst were Millette ones they dented a scope severely on one of my CF Rifles and that is when I had to buy something better and that is when I got a Burris Fullfield PosiLoc 3-9X40 (really 38mm) Scope and the Signature Rings.

Thanks for the information.

Seems many suppliers carry some of the rings and bases but not both of what many recommend so I hate to waste extra money on shipping costs from two different suppliers so that is why I am asking about Talley Bases..

Mike/LFM

:arrow: :arrow: Happy Holidays!!! :arrow: :arrow:

Mike--
Check out Midsouth Shooters Supply. I think they have both the Warne bases and the Burris Sigs. Strike that, I just checked their site after I first posted this, they don't have the Warne bases for the Knight. Sorry for the bad info.
Mike

Mike--
FWIW, there is no reason you can't mount those Sig rings on the Knight bases you already have.
Mike

I understand that but Alumimum Bases with Steel I am not sure how long they will take the stress on with being pinch by a Steel Weaver Type Ring. That is why I am looking at steel with steel might hold up and last a lot longer time and for the $15.00 or 20.00 in steel bases I will not be concern with something failing... or becoming out of alignment if the rifle scope gets banged...being Alumimum is light alloy.

Thanks for the input though...

Regards,
Mike / LFM

Not sure how good a Price is for the Burris Signature Zee High Rings in Matte finish 420531 but 35.00+s&h and 20.00 for the Talley Bases 252713. Not sure how good that is but I know the Talley Website MSRP is 23.99 for the Bases so saving 4 bucks can't be all bad...

They have both of these items...

So that is why I am asking about these I have another thread on the Inline page about the Burris Rings and Talley Bases...

Thanks for looking for them at the same place...

Mike/LFM

Talley rings/bases are a proprietary system and are not compatible with Weaver-style bases/rings. The same can be said of Warne Premier.

Warne Maxima, however, are Weaver compatible, so feel free to use the part #'s supplied by smike308.

I don't think Millett Angle-Loc bases will scratch your scope, they are made of steel, and they should fit the Zee rings, so I think they would also meet your criteria.

Burris does make a base specifically for the Knight Disc rifle; it is the TU-DISC (you have to look under "Modern Muzzleloading", not "Knight"). It is a rotary dovetail base, though, so it will not accept Zee rings. You probably don't want a rotary dovetail system as it is not trully quick detachable.

I would go with Warne Maxima or Millett Angle-Loc bases in whatever color you want. On the other hand, I also wouldn't be afraid to use the aluminum bases that came with the gun.

Good luck!

Again I am again confused and Concern since some here as well as a Online Supplier recommended the Talley and when I visited their website did not mention that only their bases and rings would work together... Seem a little funny that each time I find something it is not 100% if it is going to work or be compatible with the Scope or the right height or something...

Why is it that they would make a rings that is not standard like .420... Why not 3/8 or 7/16 or 15/32. The .420 is not an even inch size .421875 is though??? Just hard to understand and learn this when there is really no standard or that bases could come in slightly different heights to get the additional clearance to get a set of Butler Scope Caps on with a medium set of rings they are all most the same height but the rings are all different depending on what brand you buy. And most places are very limited to what they sell or even stock most is "Special Order"

Interesting it is all becoming...

Thanks for the info!!!

Happy Holidays,
Mike / LFM

Latest posts

Back