Weaver or Burris rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabelas just sent me an email saying im BOed again so i called and canceled. Got the Contessa rings coming and they are in stock.

Cabelas just sent me an email saying im BOed again

Frustrating when that happens!! I’ve been there, and Cancelled as well :) Ordering, and Patience is not my Strong Suit, i like 2 Day Air, when it’s Free! :D

Already got a tracking #. Im sure its only been generated but sure beats Cabelas line of BS.

If you look up Contessa, these guys make some very highend stuff. Many of the top shelf items are well over $200 US. These are one of the few rings i can find in 1" that are picatinny only. Seekens 1" are Weaver/picatinny and $50 more. Same rings as the Vortex Precision rings. Now all we need is a vendor to make a good quality rail that dont cost over $100. Loopie BackCountry and Warnes both make rails for well under $100

Something like this Warnes is nearly perfect for Knights and its about $67 in steel
960992.jpg

USPS has my rings and says i will get them Monday. :dance::dance2::2cool::dance:

:lewis:
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
LANCASTER PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our LANCASTER PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on December 19, 2019 at 12:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Already got a tracking #. Im sure its only been generated but sure beats Cabelas line of BS.

If you look up Contessa, these guys make some very highend stuff. Many of the top shelf items are well over $200 US. These are one of the few rings i can find in 1" that are picatinny only. Seekens 1" are Weaver/picatinny and $50 more. Same rings as the Vortex Precision rings. Now all we need is a vendor to make a good quality rail that dont cost over $100. Loopie BackCountry and Warnes both make rails for well under $100

Something like this Warnes is nearly perfect for Knights and its about $67 in steel
960992.jpg

SAWEEEEEET!! That’s a nice looking Base :lewis:

Notice anything wrong with the Knight Farrell base? I had them email me a pic since i could not find one.

Lt5eoLq.jpg

How you gunna lift the bolt handle when an inch of base it hanging out the back? The 3 holes are on the rear on my base. :think:
AwjY4zJ.jpg

Lt5eoLq.jpg

HOLY MOLY!! That’s a bad boo boo :eek: Maybe they are them “Other Growers” And consumed to much Product before Building the Bases? :p

When i say primers in/out above, I think of how nice my Murphy’s precision was with that Cut Out in the Base

Yeah that has to be a total screw up. Im not even sure if that is true NATO spec slot width and spacing. Mine measures correctly and my slots look wider.

I sure hope these rings are as nice as they look. I will get another set when i get a 30mm tube scope. Other Contessa stuff is pretty highend in Europe. The 6 screw tactical version of these rings are 200 Euros. They are EXACTLY what i was looking for.

Now if Lehigh would offer their base again but add one more front slot it would be as close to perfect as you can get. I replied to Farrell about the rail pic and asked if their base is NATO/STANAG dimensions. These days there is no reason not to make all rails true milspec picatinny spacing. 10mm on centers still fits Weaver rings but get most true picatinny rings wont fit a Weaver base. Cross slots are not wide enough on the Weaver.

These suckers are beefy and fit my base. They set flush to the top of the base unlike the Warnes that had a gap. So they are STANAG clamping style.
8rz5P77.jpg

18edGS0.jpg

0LA7F2u.jpg

2P1DoYN.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking Rings GM54 :lewis: If they just had a Cross Bolt they would be IDEAL :D

I would have needed to down grade to Weaver 4 screw picatinny to get close to what i wanted and they dont offer a low. All other options were $130+ to get a similar ring or better. Other than just slightly too tall, these are exactly what ive been looking for. Only TPS and Contessa have rings similar to these (for under $150) with dual crossbars and only Contessa has them in 1" low.

$87 shipped was worth it to get almost exactly what i wanted.

I would have needed to down grade to Weaver 4 screw picatinny to get close to what i wanted and they dont offer a low. All other options were $130+ to get a similar ring or better. Other than just slightly too tall, these are exactly what ive been looking for. Only TPS and Contessa have rings similar to these (for under $150) with dual crossbars and only Contessa has them in 1" low.

$87 shipped was worth it to get almost exactly what i wanted.

If you had gotten a 30mm tube, I had that set of rings in classified that I couldn't give away. You could have tried those.

Latest posts

Back