Bushnell 3200

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9point

Reaction score
Last year 2004, I picked up a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9/40 w/firefly. I threw it on some Warne QD bases on my Knight Wolverine II and it was dead on at 100 yards. I bought a Knight disc Elite this past July from Randy. I plan to keep the Wolverine as a backup since it has served flawlessly and has open sights. I have not fired the Elite and wont get a chance to till the Spring.

I guess I am trying to determine whether this setup will work best with the Elite. Most of my shots will be under 150 yards. I have considering leaving the 3200 on the Wolverine or throwing it on my Ruger 10/22. My concern is some of the issues of reliablity that have been brought up in a few of the posts. I like my Eite but I am wondering if a little more cash could have got me a better product. Some of you really got my wheels turning in your posts.

I will admit that I bought into the 3x9 craze without really doing much research on my other options (2x7 and so on). I had always been told that 3x9 was the "standard" and a "must have" for the muzzleloader. If any of you have any feedback, I would be interested to hear it.

I've got a 2-7X32 3200 on my Disc Extreme. I'm good out to 150 yds or so provided the conditions are right. I like the 2X better for close range shots. It's good short range gun.

9point said:
I guess I am trying to determine whether this setup will work best with the Elite. Most of my shots will be under 150 yards. I have considering leaving the 3200 on the Wolverine or throwing it on my Ruger 10/22. My concern is some of the issues of reliablity that have been brought up in a few of the posts.

A 3200 3 x 9 is what sits on my Elite. As far as under 150 yards, most of everything called 'big game' that gets shot with anything gets taken under 150 yards, regardless of weapon.

I can't tell you that your individual 3200 will never fail, nor can I tell you that any scope will 'never' fail. I can tell you that most scopes, if they are going to have problems do so within the first 50 shots-- after that, they likely last for a very, very long time.

I've never had a problem with a 3200, and several of them had been shot long and very hard. It is an extremely popular scope, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people that have claimed problems. They are all assembled by Light Optical Works, considered Japan's finest OEM-- quality of assembly is consistent with Bushnell 4200 and Weaver Grand Slam scopes, also L.O.W. product, which is to say very, very good.

Thanks for those words of advice. It sounds like the 3200 should work fine. I will give you a report this Spring. Have a good season!
:) :D :D

Back