Buying over the Internet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had a problem on gun broker or here or armslist, lucky on armslist

Also never had problem with gunbroker... guns were always shipped to to FFL holder that accept gun for a fee... never use armslist.
also never had problem selling or buying local... but always concerned about meeting a person I didn't know when I have gun and they are supposed to bring cash... never invited those people to my house...
always suggested we meet at local police dept... everyone seems to like that idea.
Every gun I bought local, person invited me to their house.

Every gun I've bought on Armslist was a face to face, except one, and every one was nicer than it looked in the pics. The one i bought after a couple fone calls was as advertised. USPS delayed it for a few days and that made me nervous but it turned out alright. He was a registered user and I used a usps money order. I still wouldn't do it again.

Gunbroker is solid.

Armslist is soso. I look but have only bought a couple times. One was local, one was parts and both went smooth. I've had a few that I was interested in that didn't pass the sniff test as I looked into them.

Buddy of mine went through the USPS MO deal... ended up stiffed. They are supposed to help, but in his case they didn't do much.

Paypal won't help you on a rifle or muzz... so even though you think you are safe, you aren't.

I don't buy unless I can talk to someone, period.

The best place to buy is MML forums :D

My limited experience with Gunbroker is different than most of you folks. My last transaction there resulted in the credit card company intervening, after a FFL holder tried to screw me on an old stock new in the box item. I closed my account there, for now, and am reluctant to deal with any sellers there. The few transactions here at the MML classifieds that I have been in so far, were good. Not interested in dealing with Armslist at all.

Gunbroker is fairly safe, but there are low lifes hiding in there. Just remember Gunbroker makes their money from sellers and will take their side in in most disputes. I've been screwed on two occasions where I was clearly being scammed and Gunbroker protected the seller from negative feedback.

Latest posts

Back