camo wrap?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David270

Reaction score
I'm gonna give turkey hunting a go for the first time. I have a 1931 Long Range s x s 12g Ithaca. If I wrap the barrel forward of the forearm it will cover the rib and the bottom of the bead will not be seen. Is the wrap necessary?

ive used the GunSkinz wrap. Its more of a decal that you can trim to fit where you want or don't want. you can just strips to run down either side of the rib and even along the top or sides of it. a heat gun helps mold it into checkering and contours.

They have wraps, dips and camo paint jobs on shotguns nowdays. I've been turkey hunting for close to 30 years and from my own experience with old Mossberg pump guns, I really don't think camo on a gun is all that important, but again that's just my opinion and I respect everyone's personal choice.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the name Ithaca was a very well respected slug gun back in New England in the old days, the Deerslayer was a shotgunner's shotgun.

Sure there was camo, some guys wrapped their guns in brown burlap or painted them with OD green paint or flat brown paint.
Just not the mossy oak or realtree and stuff like you see today.

Sure there was camo, some guys wrapped their guns in brown burlap or painted them with OD green paint or flat brown paint.
Just not the mossy oak or realtree and stuff like you see today.
Im
talking back in 30's

I've decided on no camo on the old dull blued gun. I talked to a forest service person; no closures where I plan on hunting.
They had furs and feathers.

I'm gonna give turkey hunting a go for the first time. I have a 1931 Long Range s x s 12g Ithaca. If I wrap the barrel forward of the forearm it will cover the rib and the bottom of the bead will not be seen. Is the wrap necessary?

That old Ithaca is a great gun for turkey. My hunting buddy has shot many birds with one. No camo.

I always wanted an old s x s. After seeing the movie Apaloosa I had to have one. I was fortunate to have found it. Have only shot one round of trap with it. It shoots where you point it.

Back