can see barrel through scope!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8dawg6

Reaction score
just mounted a new scope on my mk-85 and doggone it if i can't see the blurry end of the barrel through the scope! :shock: this is a first for me, i have never seen such a thing. when i set the scope to 1.5X, the barrel doesnt look very blurry at all . . . anyway, i guess its not hurting anything, its just annoying. :d'oh!:

anybody have any idear what the problem may be? bases are ordinary knight/weaver bases, rings are ordinary medium-height weaver rings, scope is a bushnell banner dusk/dawn 1.5-4.5x32 muzzleloader scope. i guess maybe there's not problem at all, aside from the annoyance

It's just the low magnification. My 2-7X32 Bushnell 3200 shows the end of the barrel on my Extreme too. And no it's not a problem. If it annoys you just turn the magnification up till it's gone.

Sounds pretty normal for a low-power/wide-field-of-view scope.

Now if you had a really brite fiber optic front sight that could be distracting, but you'd get used to that, too.

That's just part of a 1X scope so get used to it cause it's not going anywhere. :cry:

guys, thanks for the response, i thought that might be it. this is my first low power scope, so it makes sense that ive never noticed the same phenomenon in my others. i can get used to it . . . now that i know there isn't something wrong. :D

My 1X Sightron I just put on my Elite did the same thing. I had to shim up the bases about 4" and I was able to get rid of the barrell in my view. My neck hurts though from having to "reach" so high to get in the scope though!

Kidding!! :D

I have a 1x4 variable on my Marlin lever and at 1x I can just about focus thru the hood on the front site.Past about 2.5 the hood goes away.As those above have said it is common on low power W/A scopes.

this is a safety feature. now you know where the muzzle is pointed at all times clint

I have that exact same scope.

As stated its just the low power setting. I've mounted mine on 3 different guns and you can always see the barrel.

Latest posts

Back