Can you all give my Dad a little help or advice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Shot

Reaction score
My dad found a CVA Kodiak Pro 209 Magnum SS / Laminated Stock for sale for $250.00 and I looked at it and it looks like it has never been fired.Is this a good gun if he buys it he will probley never get aonther one he says if it works why change it.

1shot

CVA is a pretty good gun they are simple to operate and fairly easy to clean and they have good ACCU.
But $ 250 for a used kodiac is a little steep a bud of mine just bought a used one for $190 with scope and some asse, If it was me I would probbably put another $50 with the 250 and buy a new Knight KRB or look on the classified section at the disc ELITE that is for sale for $225 . But every one knows what feels good to them so if your father really likes the gun and it feels good to him that is what matters .

Ron G.

CVA

I like CVA's, owned a Magnum Pro and still have a Bobcat...

If it feels right, get it; I unfortunately have a habit (good or bad) of trading, buying and selling.

Just my .02!

Get out there and hunt...

$238.94 brand new at Midsouth USA. It looks like someone is trying to dump a rifle for what they paid for it a while back.

I may be wrong but I dont think CVA makes a stainless gun. I think it's nickel plated.
Frank

Franksauto said:
I may be wrong but I dont think CVA makes a stainless gun. I think it's nickel plated.
Frank

you are correct they are nickle

Ron G.

You can get the Winchester Apex in stainless which is the same gun, but stainless.

My bad I was thinking of the Kodia Magnum They are nickle The pro dose have stainless

Ron G.

Well after posting this I heard a nocking on the door around 9:00am it was dad he had the gun he just bought it he said he shouldered it and he liked how it felt so he bought it we are going out to shoot when he gets here.He said if he dont like it he will put it in his gunvault and go buy anotherone.I will let you guy know how it does.

For $250 Buy a NEW Omega and KNOW you have a good gun..

CVA has lost my respect.... ... sorry just my .02 :wink:

Doohan said:
For $250 Buy a NEW Omega and KNOW you have a good gun..

CVA has lost my respect.... ... sorry just my .02 :wink:

YES! :yeah:

Latest posts

Back