Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a ferment from last year. It sat fermenting in my pie safe for 12 months. Its a mix of the hottest peppers i grew and just a little red bell. About 70% super hots.
12 Brown supers (Mystery pepper sold as Reaper seeds to Lewis)
12 Death Spiral
5 Numex Orange Spice (deseeded)
1 really large sweet red bell (deseeded)
2 Tbs Korean sea salt
1 Tsp sugar
2 cups of bottled water 5.9pH
2 Tbs homemade kraut juice
1 Tbs Champagne vinegar 7%

I call it...."Capital Punishment"....Its very very painfully hot. :D
Z6X1PME.jpg

hoyriIP.jpg

hhf95XQ.jpg

Last edited:
That BURNS just looking at it :) I bet it’s good though, You make some AWESOME Looking sauce :lewis:

Its just blended and mixed with some cane vinegar atm. I strained it too. Later i will pasteurize and adjust with something sweet and lime juice. I got some no heat habs i can cut it with too. My tongue burned for like an hour from what stuck to the spoon. You got about 3sec of..."Oh thats not too bad"...then BAM but im not getting any of that funky "hab flavor" at all.

I had a open bottle of Pex Peppers Taco Fuego. Well i didnt think this batch of Pex sauce was as hot. So i added 1 TBS of mine to that open bottle........ITS HOT NOW!!!

Like to toss this out if you guys like hot sauce. Pex has many sauces from mild to wild and his wild stuff is pretty brutal. His Taco Fuego is mild and delicious. The majority of his sauces are very simple and super LOW sodium too. Right now he has upto 25% off or 15% off using PEXMAS if you just want 1 or 2 bottles. I just got a 6 pack on the way for about $38.82 shipped. Thats with the automatic 25% off.

https://pexpeppers.com/

I make kraut often and kimchi too. This is my latest mix but im testing a FoodSaver bag for the initial ferment. I normally make my "easy kimchi" as just spicy kraut with some Korean pepper flakes added. Nothing else, just cabbage, salt and pepper flakes. This one i kicked up the heat a little and added a good shot of garlic with a little top shelf fish sauce too.
20wz4no.jpg

1 14oz bag dole slaw mix
2% Korean sun dried sea salt for the slaw mix (About 8 grams)
2 TBS Korean pepper flakes (Korean Origin) not just gochugaru.
1 TBS of Redboat 40n
1 TBS minced garlic

Weep the slaw mix in the sea salt for an hour. Stir every 15min
Add the rest and mix well
Put it all in a gallon vacuum sealer bag and seal
Leave in a warmer dark place for a few days until the bag starts to inflate from the fermentation
Put in the fridge and keep an eye on it. Making sure the bag is not close to bursting.
If/When the bag is fully inflated transfer to a Mason jar or after a month. Whichever comes first.

This is a clone of Pex Peppers Taco Fuego chipotle garlic hot sauce. His just says garlic which im assuming is fresh and no lime juice. He does not specify the kind of vinegar in the recipe he posted but its probably white distilled. I like rice vinegar because its very neutral and just slightly sweet. Cider vinegar works great also.

454 grams of deseeded roasted ripe Mucho Nacho jalapeno
12oz of rice vinegar
10grams of Chipotle powder
7grams granulated garlic
7grams of cumin powder
5grams of salt
2 TBS of lime juice after its done with a 10min low simmer.
3tZXFx8.jpg

WDj4Mcu.jpg

Like to toss this out if you guys like hot sauce. Pex has many sauces from mild to wild and his wild stuff is pretty brutal. His Taco Fuego is mild and delicious. The majority of his sauces are very simple and super LOW sodium too. Right now he has upto 25% off or 15% off using PEXMAS if you just want 1 or 2 bottles. I just got a 6 pack on the way for about $38.82 shipped. Thats with the automatic 25% off.

https://pexpeppers.com/
Cool! Thanks, I’ll check him out. I love hot sauce & like mustards, there are always 4-6 diff kinds in my frig at all times. For the last 8-10yrs Boars Head hot sauce has been my go-to by far. I like having a good flavor & not so hot that it’s overwhelming.

Jalapeno Hatch Garlic Fuego
Cj0hkS8.jpg

285 grams Green jalapeno (weight is deseeded and cut in half)
110 grams Fresh Hatch Chilies
60 grams Yellow onion
1.4 cups Rice vinegar
4 TBS Lime juice
32 grams Fresh garlic (crushed cloves)
6 grams Cumin powder
4 grams Sea salt

Deseed and roast the jalapenos
Roast then deseed, remove skin and chop the Hatch chiles
Air fry the garlic and onion until just lightly golden. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC.

Toss it all in a pan (except the lime juice) and simmer for 10min.

Let it rest to room temp before blending.

Blend and pour into a bowl.

Rinse out the blender with the lime juice. Add that to the sauce also. Let it rest at least a few days then enjoy.

Last edited:
A new kinda burn and you will feel it.

When someone hands you a slice of 7 Pot Primo (one of the hottest peppers in the world) and 20min later you go to take a leak.....MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS GOOD FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a reminder because i forgot today. ;)

A new kinda burn and you will feel it.

When someone hands you a slice of 7 Pot Primo (one of the hottest peppers in the world) and 20min later you go to take a leak.....MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS GOOD FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a reminder because i forgot today. ;)
I feel for ya there. I've " been there, done that " too.
It was around 30yrs ago, I walked into a bar that I knew had a rough reputation ( which I had no prob with ) but they had a pool league.
I sat down at the bar, ordered a beer,there was an old timer sittin there & between us was a wicker basket in which was filled with several diff kinds of hot peppers he'd grown & picked to share with the bar.
He offered me to try one......so, I grabbed this nice little orange mini pumpkin lookin pepper, which he told me was a Habanero. I'd never heard of them before, but I liked hot peppers & hot sauce, so I thought nothing of it & bit it in half & started chomping away. For a few seconds anyway....then all he!! broke loose in my mouth & I started grabbing everything I could get me hands on to wash that incredible burning out of my piehole.
The bar locals got a big ole kick outta seeing me go through that, now, lobster red in the face, tears & snot & slobber were flowing like Niagra.
I finally settled down & had chugged an unknown amount of beer by now & I needed to pee something bad. I thought I was outta the woods, for a few minutes...... when it felt like someone had a torch to my " Richard & the Danglers ", the red re appeared to my whole head along with profuse sweat & I ran back into the mens room to flop " Richard & the boys " in the sink like a mad man. I guess I made quite a racket in the process bc I could hear the whole bar howling with laughter. They really fell out when I came out looking like I was just in a terrible storm.
I never finished the other half of that pepper & the burning of Richard & the boys was still goin on when I went to bed that night.
That was the only lesson that I ever needed with hot peppers & private parts, I can assure you. All these yrs later, it still makes for a pretty funny story anyway.

Last edited:
New sauce today. I got some many brutal peppers im about out of ideas. Made a mildish one today. Only slightly hotter than the last ripe jalapeno i posted. Small 12oz test batch.

Air fried the peppers and garlic (not shown)
TcAZlIO.jpg

Gave is a quick blend first so it cooked down easier in the small pan.
NSYnrYI.jpg

Let it all cool down and then a few minutes in the Nutribullet.
wwvIF9m.jpg

12 Deseeded ripe japapeno (roasted)
5 Deseeded Caribbean Red Habanero (roasted)
1 Deseeded Antep Aci Dolma aka spicy bell from Turkey (roasted)
3/4 cup cane vinegar
4 Cloves of garlic (roasted light brown)
2 Tsp sweet mango powder
2 Tsp pineapple powder
1 Tsp organic onion powder
1 Tsp sugar
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp chipotle powder

1/4 Tsp of ascorbic acid for each 5oz woozie at bottling time.

I planted a bunch of peppers in the garden this year, they were all supposed to be sweet bell peppers (they all came from a store bought pepper pack) Out of about 15 or so starts that got replanted, I think 3 are bell peppers, a few poblano, and bananna, 1-2 small pickling style mildly hot, 1 small yellow extra hot and a few various colored little wrinkled balls that taste like lava, crazy hot. I have been experimenting on finely dicing them and using small doses of capsasin in dishes instead of black pepper. some make a good salsa. I used to like hot peppers, and remember going to Tai resteraunts and getting the heat sweats from the first bite, but not so much anymore, it just messes up my turd factory too much these days. Little doses as a spice are OK, but my tastes and tolerance seems to be aging

Ive got several screamers including Carolina Reapers, 7 Pot Primo, PrimoTali and 3 kinds of scorpions. Any of those will send you into orbit. Next steps down are Ghosts, Scotch Bonnets and Caribbean red habanero.....Im actually quite fond of the Ghosts and Bonnets but my Ghosts are unusually hot this year. Most super hots i sell or trade for other produce at the farmers market..........Never fails, someone always has a friend they say can handle anything.......I wish i had videos of all those friends chomping into one of my super hots.

The last 3 sauces i posted are all pretty mild. Milder than most habanero hot sauces and just barely hotter than stuff like Tabasco or Crystals. Heckuva lot better ingredients though and WAY less sodium.

Wow, I think I found my people!
So far this year I've made a small batch of Aji Lemon hot sauce (lots of coriander, cumin, garlic, and honey), and a small batch of pineapple & vanilla hot sauce (cayenne and jalapenos, with pineapple and vanilla). I have one more hot sauce I want to make this year, with blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon and habanero. After that I'll probably smoke, dehydrate, pickle, and/or ferment the rest of the pepper harvest.

Here are some of my peppers that are fruiting today. I grew many other varieties this year as well. I started the plants in January, and grew them on hydroponics in the basement until moving them outside in May/June.
20220910_082001-01.jpeg
- Goldie Prawn (300,000 SHU)

20220910_082020-01.jpeg
- Bahamian goat (200,000 SHU)

20220907_161332-01.jpeg
- Death Spiral (1,400,000 SHU)

Last edited:
Back