Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't eat anything spicier than about a 1-2 on the Scovill Scale because of my acid reflux. Just enough heat to know it's there, and add some liveliness to otherwise bland foods.

How do the super hot peppers work out in foods? What level of spiciness does a single pepper add to dishes, compared to milder peppers like ancho, jalapeno, serrano, mulatto, negro, etc?

This year i also planted some spicy bells again. Its a hybrid from Turkey. They look more or less like a red/green bell but have a little heat to them They are also VERY sweet. I should have plenty of seeds this year. I grew a bunch and planted some in a more isolated spot. They make the best stuffed peppers.

If you've never tried this, and are a fan of flavorful but hot peppers, this may be worth a try. Be careful ... just like in reloading, you creep up from a minimum until you reached the charge you're looking for..

I really like Scotch Bonnets but that is nowhere near as hot as many of my sauces. Ive got sauces that about 5 drops will give me stomach cramps. :p

I used to enjoy hot peppers, but alas, the years have caught up. If you haven't done so already, you should put a name to your concoction. How about "Liquid Cauterization" for those of us putting an end to Prep H and "Dreaded Donut" use.

Baby wipes with aloe and that is no lie. Butt burn though is not the major issue. Its the cramps after it gets past the stomach. They can be severe with super hots.

I dont consume most of my lava sauces. It never fails a friend of a friend or family member brags about how they can handle spicy food. Sauces i recommend or make normally usually get a good laugh from the friend watching them consume them. I use most of my super hots in extreme moderation. Just a couple of them in a batch of sauce using much milder peppers like ripe jalapenos. Just 1 scorpion takes a bottle of Crystals up to a nice heat level without being crazy hot. I trade/sell some too at local farmers market.

I do like spicy curry and my favorite curry powder is very mild. Just 1 ghost pepper in a pot with enough curry for about 3 servings brings it upto pretty freaking spicy. In Jamaica i think they call it "a floater". You cut the pepper open and add it to the simmering curry. Leave it in for very spicy. Remove it before it dissolves away to nothing for milder.

These guys are my own accidental creation from a couple years ago. Last year one of my CARDI scorpions had brownish pods. It was an extra plant so i put it in a small pot. When it started giving me brownish pods instead of red i decided to keep it over winter inside.

These are nasty hot. CARDI Scorpion mother crossed with a Naglah Brown.
HhuVK4M.jpg

I like HOT peppers and planted some ghost pepper plants this year, just to see if they are as hot as claimed. They are nuclear hot! Unbelievable heat, one of the hottest varieties available. They must be added to a sauce or dish, too hot to take a bite and then bite of food. Much hotter than habanero but still has some good flavor enhancement. They are originally from India and measure around 1M on the scale. These will mess you up if you're not careful when prepping them for sauce. When you cut into them, the oil vapor makes your nose run! Dangerous hot to most people.

By the way, a bottle of Witch Hazel from the first aid shelf at the grocery store is THE BEST exhaust pipe soother you can get. It's the active ingredient in Prep H

I like HOT peppers and planted some ghost pepper plants this year, just to see if they are as hot as claimed. They are nuclear hot! Unbelievable heat, one of the hottest varieties available. They must be added to a sauce or dish, too hot to take a bite and then bite of food. Much hotter than habanero but still has some good flavor enhancement. They are originally from India and measure around 1M on the scale. These will mess you up if you're not careful when prepping them for sauce. When you cut into them, the oil vapor makes your nose run! Dangerous hot to most people.

By the way, a bottle of Witch Hazel from the first aid shelf at the grocery store is THE BEST exhaust pipe soother you can get. It's the active ingredient in Prep H
COME ON OUT ICE CREAM

COME ON OUT ICE CREAM
Nothing helps much. Once the cramps kick in its gunna be a rough ride. Its not the buttburn as much as it is the cramps between stomach and the exit. Ive got hot sauce from a couple companies that just 5 drops on a brat with kraut will give you mild cramps. One used scorpions and the other were 7 Pot Primo.

You wanna try a freaking hot sauce that still has flavor you got to try this one. Its brutal within a few seconds.
https://burnsandmccoy.com/collections/hot-sauces/products/exhorresco-dread-7-pot-primo-hot-sauce
This one is a scorcher too but way too salty for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Pepper-Co-Scorpion-Deadly/dp/B08RJRYXDW

Nothing helps much. Once the cramps kick in its gunna be a rough ride. Its not the buttburn as much as it is the cramps between stomach and the exit. Ive got hot sauce from a couple companies that just 5 drops on a brat with kraut will give you mild cramps. One used scorpions and the other were 7 Pot Primo.

You wanna try a freaking hot sauce that still has flavor you got to try this one. Its brutal within a few seconds.
https://burnsandmccoy.com/collections/hot-sauces/products/exhorresco-dread-7-pot-primo-hot-sauce
This one is a scorcher too but way too salty for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Pepper-Co-Scorpion-Deadly/dp/B08RJRYXDW
My buddy makes jerky with scorpion sauce and leaves a bag out on his work cart. Its funny to watch the lifters help themselves, jokes on them..

Years ago there was a news story about a company having a light fingered employee that stole co-worker lunches.
One of the frequent victims had a wife originally from Mexico. She made a special lunch including food laced with hot peppers and they set a trap the next day. The thief took the bait and a short time later was crying out in pain in front of everyone. Turned out the thief was the company owner's son.
The owner fired the trap setter for physically harming and embarrassing his son. The victim filed a lawsuit for unlawful termination ... never did hear the results

Back