Choosing next gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iahunter87

Reaction score
Toying with the idea of getting another gun. Currently have a tc triumph bone collector and love it...just wanting another toy to play with.... options currently on my brain are tc fx pro hunter, cva accura v2 lr, and possibly a traditions vortek striker fire with the 30" barrel... thoughts and opinions.

IF i was going to buy an import right now...well soon actually....It would be the new Accura LR 45cal. There are just too many things i dont like about the Traditions. No stainless and no firing pin bushing being my biggest complaints. If it was me i would wait to see some "unsponsored" reviews of that new Accura 45 fast twist. Specs look great for those that want a long barrel break action.

This could end up being a nice rifle.
https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-accura-v2-lr-nitride-45-caliber-pr3132nm.html

Oh boy this is how it starts,it won’t be long before you own many. My take on it is I own lots of knight and tc guns. I had a traditions vortex without the striker fire, it shot well but I am not crazy about the quality. you can tell it’s not made here, can’t speak for cva I have never owned one , I have friends with them and they do shoot very well, but again import. I do want to try the Accura mr, good luck

A 30" vs a 28"" barrel is good for maybe another 50fps. You normally get around 19-25fps increase per inch depending on load. So i would not get too wrapped up in the 30" barrel hype unless you were using it with open sights. Most of those rifles are not well suited to open sites. The stock comb is too high.

If you want something NOW and sorta inbetween look at the Accura Plain Rifle with the 28" barrel. You can pick those up for about $425 at Bud's. Its a Accura MR with a longer barrel.

Latest posts

Back