Christmas buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was blessed to be able to spend a couple of days hunting with my son during Christmas and was able to harvest a nice 9 pt with my CVA Optima while we were sitting together in a blind he had put up earlier in the season, nothing like hunting with you kids whether they're 10 yrs. old or 40 yrs.old!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_182359_Message+_compress84_crop_73.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_182359_Message+_compress84_crop_73.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231221_180735_compress96.jpg
    20231221_180735_compress96.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The memories from that hunt will last forever. I love that tall rack. Really nice buck! Congrats!

Thanks! I've carried my son hunting since he was old enough to enjoy it and now that he has places to hunt around where he lives it's nice to let him put me on a deer every once in a while.
The one that I shot came out with only 12 minutes of legal shooting light left and slowly fed directly towards me at about 150 yds, my sons a Wildlife Officer for NC so we were watching the time closely, with two minutes of legal shooting time left he turned enough to show me his right shoulder and I put a 300 grain xtp where it counts,the deer barely made it inside the woods before collapsing, We celebrated and laughed about cutting it so close.

Thanks! I've carried my son hunting since he was old enough to enjoy it and now that he has places to hunt around where he lives it's nice to let him put me on a deer every once in a while.
The one that I shot came out with only 12 minutes of legal shooting light left and slowly fed directly towards me at about 150 yds, my sons a Wildlife Officer for NC so we were watching the time closely, with two minutes of legal shooting time left he turned enough to show me his right shoulder and I put a 300 grain xtp where it counts,the deer barely made it inside the woods before collapsing, We celebrated and laughed about cutting it so close.
Taking kids hunting and fishing is the best way of building lifetime bonds that I know! Dad started me at about two, and my first memories are of hunting pheasants in the wheatfields around Bozeman, MT. I started my boys, Chuck and Tom, at about the same age. My first grandchild, Callahan Daniel, was born on the 27th of November, and Chuck has already bought him one of those three-wheeled all-terrain strollers. He's been asking me how to mount rifle and bow scabbards on it... :)

I was blessed to be able to spend a couple of days hunting with my son during Christmas and was able to harvest a nice 9 pt with my CVA Optima while we were sitting together in a blind he had put up earlier in the season, nothing like hunting with you kids whether they're 10 yrs. old or 40 yrs.old!!
Congratulations on harvesting a nice buck and nothing better than doing it with family!!!!

Latest posts

Back