Chuck Norris Jokes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris in " The Way of the Dragon" movie.  :lol:

I do have some knowledge of the martial arts and a bit concerning Norris and Lewis.  I had a friend, now deceased, who beat Norris back in those glory days.  His first experience with Brazilian jiu jitsu - in fact the first time he'd ever heard of it - was via the Gracies.  His training was extensive with the Machado brothers and he holds at least a 3rd dan in BJJ.  

One thing that needs clarification is that These are ALL sports; Kodokan judo, BJJ, boxing, kick boxing, TKD, some karate styles, mma and most any fighting type matches.  Aikido, unless it is turned into something else, can not be a fighting sport.  You'd end up with two guys standing there and staring at each other.  All these "sports" have rules; rules render any martial art useless for actual fighting.  Steven Seagal did indeed teach in Japan at his own school; something without precedent.  He was challenged often - I'm talking fighting, not sport.  His dojo had a sort of nickname; it was often called "that place where people fly through the door".  All the martial arts I've trained in and ranked in were largely "unsuited for sport".  By that I mean that serious injury or death was a high probability without those previously mentioned rules.  

Aikido is often looked upon as soft and gentle; nothing could be further from the truth.  The reason students are hard trained and drilled in taking falls and rolling for such a long time is that in practice the power of the techniques require the ability to flip out of the technique at precisely the right instant.  In my old dojo I taught several arts; everything from kickboxing to jujitsu.  By far the most injuries were in the aikido classes.  And some of them required trips to the hospital; I guess that's why we were sometimes referred to as "the hell dojo".  So a sign was posted at the entrance, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".  Yes, we had a very high drop out percentage; but the ones who stayed and trained seriously (is there any other kind of training?), became dangerous, at some level.  I had several who had to use their skills in the real world, including against violent attackers.  Most trained in more than one discipline.  That's the difference between "sport arts" and true "martial arts".  Referring to other sensei who were very close friends, I spent many years around some very dangerous people.

Now, Joe Lewis did get in the ring with former heavyweight champion, Leon Spinks" and they both considered it a tie.  I did box for years.  I was a sparring partner for a ring fighter whom I did admire.  He liked fighting me because I was equally proficient as a southpaw and orthodox.  I also trained fighters for the ring, and as a result, have a good idea of what's important.  I spent a fair amount of time around both amateur and professional boxers/kickboxers and was friends with a world champion I'd known for years and worked out with.  But of course, we're discussing sports again with these activities.  

At the risk of sounding as if I'm bragging, I'll mention some of my own qualifications.  I've been in the martial arts for nearly 60 years.  I'm 4th dan judo, 6th dan in aikido, taekwondo and hapkido, 8th dan in karate, jujitsu and weapons and 2nd dan in kempo.  I'm also a life member with the USJA (United States Judo Association).  I was promoted to "grandmaster" a few years ago and awarded the title "Hanshi", which is also  my screen name.     

Yes, a black belt in and of itself means nothing.  This is also true of whatever art the BB trained in.  The real question should be, "what did you train for".  And another thing; will beats skill almost every time. 

Thanks for putting  up with this long winded essay.  :Scucks:

Thank you for that explanation, Hanshi. If there is anyone around who knows his martial arts, Hanshi is the man!
Any suggestions for how to retrieve brain cells  lost in the ring? :shock: 
Ron

RonC said:
Thank you for that explanation, Hanshi. If there is anyone around who knows his martial arts, Hanshi is the man!
Any suggestions for how to retrieve brain cells  lost in the ring? :shock: 
Ron

It would be easy to do except for those birds flying right overhead and those dang bells someone keeps on ringing.  :ss:

ron, in all seriousness, go to wall mart and to their vitamin section. stock up on vitamin b12, 2.5 mg or 2500 micrograms, same thing. take 10 of these tablets at one time with a meal every day. in two weeks you will notice sense of smell and taste improve greatly. b12 builds nerves and brain cells. it also will make a great red blood cell count.

Latest posts

Back