cleaning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlewis

Reaction score
i have a ouestion when you are shooting or sighting in how do you clean between shots i run 2 wet patchs and 3 dry patchs and a light bore butter patch is this hurting my groups 3 or 4 inch

I run one patch wet (Mean Green window cleaner,with vinegar),turn it over,and run it again,then a dry patch (both sides),and reload. I use an old Skole can for the wet patches while hunting,or a spit patch.Ron

what do you do for your 1 shot after cleaning for accuracy sometimes mine are high 4or 5 inchs

When shooting sabots and 777 or Pyrodex I run a damp--not wet--patch down, flip it over and run it again, and then reload. IMO you don't have to use 5 patches between shots and I'd skip the bore butter.

PAIA, X2 = I then run a dry patch up and down, then shoot, No bore butter needed.

One patch lightly dampened with Windex. I may use the same patch for several swabbings.

I run one (windex) damp patch both sides to clean the crud ring out and then follow that with a dry patch both sides.

No bore butter needed between shots.

To minimize the first shot after cleaning 'flyer' experienced, run several dry patches (both sides) to clean out as much of the rem-oil coated bore as possible.

Then shoot two 209 primers on the empty gun to season the fire channel/bore (good for practicing the sight picture and trigger pull also).

Then its load up time with your favorite powder/sabot/bullet/primer and let 'er rip!

Try it...it really works!

when I still shot 777 I would shoot, run a wet patch or spit patch and a dry patch and reload. worked great.

now with bh209, I shoot, reload and shoot, reload and shoot...get the idea?:)

Latest posts

Back