Cleaning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glambert

Reaction score
After seeing Idaholewis post showing his steam cleaner, I wonder what other little cleaning tricks there are. There’s tons of great information here especially in the casting section.

I use to shoot knights and whites and a few TC a lot in the late 90’s but kind of got out of it until recently. I like keeping ultra clean guns but always hated the places like the threads and where the barrels threaded into the action. Also, it seemed like under bases always attracted corrosion. I always used the 5 gallon bucket method but always looking for new ideas. Anyone use the ultrasonic cleaners?

Thanks to advise from @ENCORE50A This set of tools from Harbor Freight turned out to be invaluable to me during my time with inline Rifles (I shoot Real Blackpowder EXCLUSIVELY in ALL of my Rifles) I HIGHLY recommend this Set :lewis: AVOID THE STAINLESS STEEL BRUSHES IN THIS SET!! I only used the Nylon, They work AWESOME to clean the Receiver Threads
Djxf0f7.jpg

I forgot about the hex shank on the brushes. I will have to grab a set next time i go by Harbor. I have one just a couple miles from me.

Latest posts

Back