cleaning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue duck

Reaction score
what do yall use to clean the outside oryour guns with snyn. stocks and forearms. like the pro hunter. do you put oil on it or wd-40 . what would be best for the gun . :wall: :drinkers:

An old washcloth will saturate with the lube of your choice over time and be ideal to wipe down the exterior of your guns. My oldest one probably has everything from WD to CLP to KY Jelly in it. I've quit adding any lube to it because I'm scared of it. :wink:

I do the same thing. I have a cloth in a Tupperware container that I spray, then wipe the rifles down with. The trouble is after a while you take the lid off the container and the fumes will about knock your eyes out.

I usually apply Birchwood Casey Sheath a.k.a. Barricade. That seems to work the best for me. I am sure each have their own favorite.

I was going to comment on the vaseline and the KY jelly, but, I'd better not. Anyway. I use gun oil on the barrel and metal parts and some soap and water on the synthetic stock.

blue duck said:
what do yall use to clean the outside oryour guns with snyn. stocks and forearms. like the pro hunter. do you put oil on it or wd-40 . what would be best for the gun . :wall: :drinkers:

NO LUBE OR PETRO PRODUCTS!!! On that TC FlexTech stock ...just use a damp cloth.

Latest posts

Back