conicals

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
i have never shot conicals but i want to start they seem to be alot cheaper. Do you have to use a patch between them and the powder? i will be getting a knight extreme so which ones do you recomend for hunting boar and deer. i want one bullet for target shooting and hunting at the cheapest rate. i wont be shooting over a hundred yards in most cases if that helps.

Funman

I also have the Disc Extreme and I do shoot Conicals with it With Great Accuracy out to 125yds would probbably be just as Accurate even farther but 125 is as far as I've went so far!!!
The 2 Differant Conicals that I shoot are produced by ( Dan ) at BULL SHOP , I shoot the 460gr NEX & The 445gr U C Shorts in a .504 with 85gr of 2fg loose 777 & win. T7 primers and a .510 over the powder WAD
BullShop Conicals are Great Conicals and the Cheepest that I have found with out making them your self. I just Recieved a order of the U C Shorts about 1 month ago the order was 400 Conicals With Shipping they ran me about $115 Super Price.
But to answer your Question NO you do not have to use a wad BUT I found that I got better Accuracy by using a over the powder WAD.

www.bullshop.gunload.com (conicals)
www.trackofthewolf.com (wads) $7.50 per 1000 with shipping About $11

wads I use are the .510-A
Conicals are sized at .504

You will need to measure the Bore on your barrle so you can get the right size on your conicals . My disc Extreme is a .503 diam. but I like my bullets to have a little tighter fit . Alot of guys that shoot conicals like what they call a slip fit witch is normally same size as the bore of your gun.

Ron

Might want to try xtps with mmp24s or harvester crushrib sabots. Pretty cheaps as you can buy the bullets by bulk and the sabots the same. The 240gr and the 300s are good hunting bullets up to deer size game.

lung i cant find the conicals on gunload where do i go when the site comes up, has all kinds of options

Dan has a very simple sight there is no pix of the Conicals Some one did the sight for free for dan

PM me your Email and I can try to Email you some

Ron

bullshop.jpg

He has others but the ones pictured are probably the most popular

Latest posts

Back