Cost of Powder - Amounts by VOLUME

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cost of Powder

52Bore said:
Did some calculations/chart on cost of powder for those who buy at different cost.
Based on weight of powder.
NO WAY SHOULD THESE LOADS BE TRIED USING BH209 USING OVER 80 grns

Quick Question for you guys that shoot long range at Friendship.

Do you use Range Flags for reading the wind?

ShawnT said:

Yes, they do , and also you may put your own at different intervals down range with your target

fivebull said:
ShawnT said:

Yes, they do , and also you may put your own at different intervals down range with your target

Thanks fivebull. I wandered about that.

I shot Centerfire Benchrest for several years, learned a lot about how the wind can move a bullet when I started shooting over flags.

I truly was neglectful of board safety when i posted my blackhorn load i shoot. Please understand my gun is not a stock gun it is setup for smokeless powder and has been used since to shoot blackhorn. Please do not exceed 120 gr by volume as blackhorn clearly states.

Everybody understands a volume measure. It's probably what someone new to muzzleloaders will use.

It might be better to always talk about volume when talking about loads. Just so everybody is on the same page.

The 'cost charts' at the beginning of this thread have been edited to reflect grains by VOLUMN

And Bestill has explained his load as being a load for a custom barrel

No loads should be posted above manufactures recommendations.

Yep, I agree as well. I've been in contact with the site administrator and told him I would change the headers on the spreadsheet - take a photo, send to him to replace the BH sheet.
Maybe I missed something, but here's what I've seen and discussed to change on the BH sheet.
1) Change the Cost/lb to "Cost/can".
2) Change left column to "WEIGHT (Not Vol)"
3) Per rules, remove "85, 90, 95, 100" rows
4) Add "40, 45" rows
Let me know if you notice anything else. soon..
Thanks

52Bore said:
Yep, I agree as well. I've been in contact with the site administrator and told him I would change the headers on the spreadsheet - take a photo, send to him to replace the BH sheet.
Maybe I missed something, but here's what I've seen and discussed to change on the BH sheet.
1) Change the Cost/lb to "Cost/can".
2) Change left column to "WEIGHT (Not Vol)"
3) Per rules, remove "85, 90, 95, 100" rows
4) Add "40, 45" rows
Let me know if you notice anything else. soon..
Thanks

Didn't you mean to say in #2: Change to Volume, not weight?

Encore50A:
Thanks for your post on Feb. 16 @10:53pm, 2nd paragraph on the advantage of shooting BH.
jwhill you need to read it..

I did, great info, for me the hunting benefits would be great, but for target shooting with the bullets I shoot I'm not so sure, but I will find out as soon as this weather breaks.

Latest posts

Back