Custom Muzzleloader Builders?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe
Maybe you could start an ask Jonathan thread he could give you some pointers I bet. The only one I can give is good luck and I know patience will be a virtue Al

Ok folks all set to start posting, but I would like a bit of input...would you like to see a build from beginning to end...Because I have several of those, but some have better photos of like inletting a lock mortise to shaping the stock....Along with the photos will be a description of the process and tools...The ones I will present are scratch build were they are done from a block of wood...Please give me some feed back because I would like to be as informative as possible.

YMHS
Hilljack

I would like to see samples of all the major steps. I can work out a lot about how it is done that way. 
While I like the 'Ta-Da!' of look how wonderful this is when you show an end product, it tells me nothing about what 'inletting' actually means.

Kentucky Colonel said:
I would like to see samples of all the major steps. I can work out a lot about how it is done that way. 
While I like the 'Ta-Da!' of look how wonderful this is when you show an end product, it tells me nothing about what 'inletting' actually means.
Simple. It's cutting away the wood until the parts fit.

I'm a newbie in gun building.  I've purchased some reference material along with reading the gun building threads of other muzzleloading sites because it's the technique or process of each step that I need to learn. Example, "Inletting", there is proper placement, metal edge preparation, right tools for the job and finally carefully removing wood to get the perfect wood to metal fit.  Every tip helps.

Thank you for doing this Hilljack!

Latest posts

Back