Cva breach plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may, then again it may not. If blowback persists, one can shim out the firing pin bushing just enough to make a bit of crush to your primer of choice. Just enough so blow back stops, but not so much the hammer won't cock.
Thanks for the info Ron. I'm going to try the SSK plug and see what happens. If the blowback persists I'm going to try the orings. How do I get a shim kit for the accura V2?

How do I get a shim kit for the accura V2?

Pray, long and hard, that someone has one that he doesn't need. The kits haven't been available for several years.

You might also try adjusting the bushing and then letting a wee bit if red formula Loc-tite seep into and around the bushing, making sure to carefully wipe off any excess. The red Loc-tite doesn't set terribly hard and you can still back the bushing out if you need to clean or access the firing pin or spring behind it.

Pray, long and hard, that someone has one that he doesn't need. The kits haven't been available for several years.

You might also try adjusting the bushing and then letting a wee bit if red formula Loc-tite seep into and around the bushing, making sure to carefully wipe off any excess. The red Loc-tite doesn't set terribly hard and you can still back the bushing out if you need to clean or access the firing pin or spring behind it.
That isn't good! I don't think that I would feel good about putting loc tite on the bushing because I would be afraid of not being able to get it out for cleaning. I'm going to try the SSK plug and an oring if necessary. Thanks for the info!

How do I get a shim kit for the accura V2?

Me, i don't know.....

Not able to purchase shims..........went to our local ACE, and purchased a small sheet of 0.005" shim stock and punched out shims using what we used to call a leather punch. I made 4 of them and removed and replaced the firing pin bushing with these shim in place.

shimstock.jpg

First a 10 mm punch was used to make a 10mm disc. Made four of them.

10mmdisc.jpg

Then used an 8mm punch to make rings with a 8mm ID, and a 10 mm OD.

10mmring.jpg

Four of these shims stopped the blow by. Works good.

You can order shim rings from McMaster's car inside dia..30 ,outside .45 and get different thicknesses I got mine from cva years back call them and ask about them or just get them from McMasterCarr

My sons & I had the blowback problem with our Accuras, V2 and MR. From recommendations on this and other forums we tried the rubber O-Ring in the primer pocket and this resolved the blowback issue for whatever primer we chose to use. The O=Ring lasts for 10 to 15 shots and you get 100 for about 5 bucks. Here is a pic of a fired and unfired primer using the O-Ring.

1nzsdUrh.jpg

I like the primer pocket oring because it works well and my muzzleloader barrels are on center fire actions so I don’t have much of a choice. If you don’t want the primer pocket oring on the accura, optima or wolf and can’t find a firing pin bushing kit you can use a thicker bushing oring or use teflon plumbers tape to seal the threads to adjust your headspace.

I like the primer pocket oring because it works well and my muzzleloader barrels are on center fire actions so I don’t have much of a choice. If you don’t want the primer pocket oring on the accura, optima or wolf and can’t find a firing pin bushing kit you can use a thicker bushing oring or use teflon plumbers tape to seal the threads to adjust your headspace.
I had been thinking about a thicker bushing oring but I didn't know if it would work. I haven't seen anything about anyone who has tried this. Have you tried that? What size is the oring for the bushing?

I did do it on a optima and accura I had years ago and it does work. I don’t remember the actual size of the oring. I just went to a hardware store and found one a little thicker.

The bushing uses a shim, a very thin shim, not an o-ring. If you use the o-ring inside the flash channel behind the primer and its too thick for the primer you're using the bolt or barrel lock-up might prevent the gun from firing or closing tight enough to fire.

What ron laughlin offers above is near gold and what I'd suggest trying.

The bushing uses a shim, a very thin shim, not an o-ring. If you use the o-ring inside the flash channel behind the primer and its too thick for the primer you're using the bolt or barrel lock-up might prevent the gun from firing or closing tight enough to fire.

What ron laughlin offers above is near gold and what I'd suggest trying.
I was talking about the oring behind the firing pin bushing head not behind the primer. Thicker oring there means you can tighten up the headspace.

Back