CVA V2 Optima pistol parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After cleaning up this gun tonight I was looking at tiny spring/o rings and thinking I bet I could loose these thing easy as I manage to lose big things pretty regular .On the CVA website I do not see these items listed , anyone know where these are available ? thanks Ed

Yes those little springs and the O ring like to go MIA. I ordered mine from CVA.
Yesterday when cleaning my Optima V2 NW rifle the spring went MIA. Luckily I had a spare but now I don’t! The spring is bigger because the firing pin is bigger. Looked at Muzzleloaders but out of stock. Hopefully I can get ahold of CVA and get some.

I ordered a CVA firing pin/spring kit last year I believe an for the life of me I can't remember where I got it. I found it in the safe, but no company name, just a small plastic bag with the kit inside, paid $12.95 for it. Seems it might have be a company in North Carolina. Getting older sucks....CRS!!!

This morning I went on a hunt for the Parts I need for the NW edition rifle. I wanted to make sure I have everything prior to my hunt in case I drop something in the dirt at camp. Swing as I lost the spring at home...

I found that MB sporting goods has a great selection of CVA parts in stock. So I ordered from them. Prices were in line with others. Shipping was $14.99 so I made sure I ordered enough stuff to make me feel good about the shipping.

For now it appears to be a good online source for CVA parts.

Ed if you need/want to shim out your firing pin bushing these shims from Mcmaster-Carr are a perfect fit and come in. 005 5 pack.
Part number 460B4008
9.951mm OD x 7.688mm ID x .005
Thanks to GM54-120, i believe, for looking them up.

Ed if you need/want to shim out your firing pin bushing these shims from Mcmaster-Carr are a perfect fit and come in. 005 5 pack.
Part number 460B4008
Guess what I got 3 sets paid for tonight , a long day butchering deer and chasin springs but after hearing no back ordered all day , I found the right answer . Just waiting on confirmation and in the mean time look for bear recipes /Ed

Part number 460B4008

Sweet, so those did work out? It was just a semi-wild guess. Not a perfect solution but might work for some people.

Yes those little springs and the O ring like to go MIA. I ordered mine from CVA.
Yesterday when cleaning my Optima V2 NW rifle the spring went MIA. Luckily I had a spare but now I don’t! The spring is bigger because the firing pin is bigger. Looked at Muzzleloaders but out of stock. Hopefully I can get ahold of CVA and get some.
I lost the firing pin spring while cleaning my TC Omega. Looked for over an hour with no luck. Finally was able to make one out of the spring from a Bic pen. It works for now but have ordered a new one from TC.

Part number 460B4008
Will these shims eliminate the nasty blow back I get? I have a almost new (week old) BH209 plug so as I could try a container (used 2) and it really started getting ugly . Cleaning every couple rds but lay a patch over where the barrel closes and it would lift the patch and soot city ,so went back to OE 2F and it shot cleaner than the BH209 for a while .Tonite I swapped it out for a new 1 of 3 fire kits from CVA ,but do these breech plugs go south that fast or is this shim kit what I need ? Thanks Ed

Depends on how tight you can shim it for the primers you are using. I like not having to replace the orings. Have you tried the oring in the primer pocket yet? I shimmed and still get a tiny bit of blowby without the oring in the primer pocket mostly when i shoot a bullet heavier than 300grn. If i took out the shims from under the firing pin bushing and went back to the oring in the primer pocket i would get a little less blowby around the primer. I may add one more shim, i have 2 .005s in it right now. Im going to order some in .003 and make some more tweaks to it.

I lost the firing pin spring while cleaning my TC Omega. Looked for over an hour with no luck. Finally was able to make one out of the spring from a Bic pen. It works for now but have ordered a new one from TC.
The spring from a Bic would need to be unwound a lot to work with the CVA NW. I’ll sure it could be done. As mentioned in my other post I ordered parts from MB sports and they came through with prompt delivery. Of course after receiving the parts the spring was found stuck to a cleaning brush that was overlooked... oh well now I have a lifetime supply of them if I need them!

Look into the Bellm spring kits. I havent tried it but heard good things.

Latest posts

Back