cva wolf trigger pull

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobnoffs

Reaction score
anyone tried to adjust the trigger pull? 2.5 lbs is just too light for me. could a competent gunsmith do it? say up to 3.5 or 4lbs?
bob

I owned a wolf and the trigger was very light. I have several rifles with extremely light triggers so I liked it. But if your not used to a light trigger they can be dangerous. To answer your question I believe a competent gunsmith could add a stronger spring or do something to help you.

yes, from the factory 2.5 lbs. ok for my 22/250 but not my 50 cal. muzzleloader.
bob

my gunsmith said he can no longer fiddle with trigger pulls due to insurance.
i called cva and they were very helpful. said to pack up the action and send it to them. i will let you know how it turns out. 3.5-5lb. would be fine with me.

I was pretty surprised when I shot my 45-70 CVA Scout last month for the first time. The trigger was definitely less than 3 Lbs.. Probably right around 2.5Lbs.. It was a pleasant surprise. I got used to it real quick. It is a nice crisp pull. It sure helped with my bench shooting. I wish more of my guns had the same trigger pull.
However, I can understand it being too light for a hunting muzzleloader.

my gunsmith said he can no longer fiddle with trigger pulls due to insurance.
i called cva and they were very helpful. said to pack up the action and send it to them. i will let you know how it turns out. 3.5-5lb. would be fine with me.

Yep, that's the standard answer from most gunsmiths these days. I wanted a rifle trigger adjusted lighter, they said they can only install a NEW trigger. Called several locally. Ended up doing it myself.

Glad to hear CVA is helping you out. 2.5 is pretty light, especially if you aren't used to it. Most of my rifles are right at 3lb, but I've shot that weight for 30yrs. My Renegade with the set triggers.... oh my 0.6 lb 😦 first time I shot that I was shocked.

The booklet that came with my Optima pistol lists the trigger pull at 3 pounds. It's a light pull but not excessive. I'm happy with it.

i think a crisp trigger can shoot well even at 4 lbs. my 308 is a little over 5 but crisp. it shoots under a moa. my 22/250 is right at 3 and it doesn't beat the 308 by much for accuracy.
anyway, bundled up in n. wi. probably sitting with mittens, probably taking a shot under 100 yds. a heavier trigger is what i want. and yea, i do take the mittens off to shoot!

Its all in what you like. :lewis:
One of my CF rifles had a factory setting of just over 6lbs. I had a really hard time shooting that rifle, since I was so used to most everything being about 3.

Back