Deer season suck in the east this year or what

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc-dog

Reaction score
As I type this it is 70 degress in Maryand today for our last 2 day doe/ buck season. It has been warm since the Thanksgiving opener. :twisted:

It is exciting just to see a deer much less shoot one...I got the boat ready for spring Walleye fishing today, too warm to hunt. Went Walleye fishing
last Saturday with a Md. DNR friend instead of muzzleloading hunting and had 15 Walleye. :D

We have Coyotes showing up in our region now.. This is new to us, don't know if it's making the deer hide or not. Coyotes are new to the deer as well.

Choc-dog

deer

Had the same problem in southern md(sounds like you're in the mountains), but don't have any walleye! Being from Erie, Pa. originally, I did develop a liking for the tasty things. I went out bufflehead hunting instead.The duck hunting is only slightly better than deer hunting in this warm weather.

Weather is finally coolin down for the last week of PA Flintlock season!!! For 2 weeks...way too warm just as in MD.

Well, I did shoot three and Dad shot one. So we have plenty of deer in the freezer. Overall, the season was somewhat poor due to the abnormally warm weather. We needed some tracking snow.

Well ended up 0 fer. Maybe next year I'll score with the T/C.

Did manage a doe in the regular rifle season, so I do have some jerky!

did get something

Hunted like a crazy thing, and ended up with 12 for the year. True, the weather was lousy, but I was out there an AWFUL LOT! Considering how much ime I spent, it was not a good year. (this includes bow season too)3 with the bow, 9 mz.

Back