Differences between Knight Disc Elite and Extreme?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reese

Reaction score
I have taken notice of several used Elites and Extremes for sale recently. I was wondering what the differences were. The most recent Knight catalog that I have is 2001. Anyone have some newer catalogs they may want to part with?

Doing some research on the Internet, I found that the Elite came with an improved recoil lug design and contoured barrel. Is that all or was there more?

I also came across "MHC"? Can someone please explain this as well?

Reese said:
I have taken notice of several used Elites and Extremes for sale recently. I was wondering what the differences were. The most recent Knight catalog that I have is 2001. Anyone have some newer catalogs they may want to part with?

Doing some research on the Internet, I found that the Elite came with an improved recoil lug design and contoured barrel. Is that all or was there more?

I also came across "MHC"? Can someone please explain this as well?

You are correct on the cantilevered forked recoil lug and contoured (tapered) barrel on the Elite, it also does not come with sights (it is a scope only) unless you drill and tap it and install them yourself.

The Disc Extreme MHC (Master Hunter Cryogenic) has a fluted barrel that was intended for the Knight Master Hunter that Knight discontinued, they are Cryogenically treated for accuracy. I think they had a surplus of these barrels so they installed them in black synthetic stocks, and a few lucky retailers and consumers were able to buy them. I don't know how true that accuracy claim is but I have 1 that will shoot some outstanding 1/2 MOA groups when I am in the zone. So I have no argument with their claim. I put up 2 NIB, for a rainy day. :wink:

Busta, thanks for responding.

Do you know which came first?

If the Extreme came first, was the Elite an improved Extreme?

Elites seem to be more rare. Was the Elite a fix to a problem consumers did not think existed and it had a short life?

The Elite was after the Extreme and it IS my favorite Knight.

The Elite had a forked recoil lug, a tapered barrel and no iron sights a very accurate gun for certain!

I will say my Extreme MHC is just as excellent as it shoots EXTREMELY well. The Extreme has Iron sights and a straight barrel ( no taper ) but the MHC is fluted.

Both have the same trigger group / action.

What Doohan said.

I have a new .45 cal Elite that I haven't shot yet, so I can't comment on one being better than the other. If you ever plan to go elk hunting in Colorado, you would want the Extreme in .50 caliber w/Fire-Sights. They have a .50 cal minumum and scopes are not allowed. The Elite wont cut it without sights. Just something to think about. :wink:

I appreciate the replies. I think I am starting to understand the differences.

At what point did the Knight Disc rifles stop needing the "C" tool to remove the bolt?

I have a .45 cal Wolverine 209 that has a tapered 26" barrel with no holes for iron sights and it shoots really well even out to 200 yards. I really have all I need but a Disc Elite sounds like it would make a nice addition.

Back