Discovery Optics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick White

Reaction score
http://www.discoveryoptics.com/

Anyone ever bought from these guys before? It's really moot now as I've already made my order. So far I've been impressed by the communication from them. They emailed me a packing slip and asked me to verify that it was correct. As soon as it ships they'll send me tracking data. I mainly ordered because of the price, orders over $150 ship for FREE via UPS ground. I figured I'd better order before the price went up. Most places are selling the scope I ordered for $20 more and add shipping on top of that.

Been wanting to try one of these for a while. I've been wondering how the reticle compares to my old Burris Ball Plex reticle and how the optics compare. The price is the same as the Burris when I bought it in '02.
http://www.discoveryoptics.com/leu61255.html

That was fast. I just ordered it yesterday. Not quite in the same league as Midway USA or Midsouth as they usually ship the same day but you can't beat the free shiping for orders over $150. I had figured it'd be a few days before they'd ship. Now I have something to look forward to for Friday.

Mr. White,

Your Discovery Optics' order has been shipped, Wednesday, February 14, 2007.
Please find your tracking information below. If there is anything else we
can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us by email,
[email protected], [email protected], or call toll-free
(877) 300-7317.

Thanks again for your business!
This message was sent to you at the request of SHIPPING to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s)
may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on
the tracking link below or contact SHIPPING directly.
Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 16-February-2007

I've been doing considerable shopping around for optics lately and compared a couple of prices at Discovery.

Their Nikon Buckmaster 4.5 -14x Mildot is essentially the same as Cabela's, but the free freight makes it a better buy at Discovery.

Discovery lists $368 for a Nikon Monarch 5.5-16x. I bought one at SWFA for $314 delivered from SWFA (Thanks Chuck). It was ordered on the 11th. I got a backorder notice, which was disappointing, and then got news today that it shipped on Valentines Day - my/our anniversary. It was a wonderful gift from my spousal unit, but please don't tell her :wink:

BR's from the Cob pile.

In this case D.O. was the cheapest place for the scope I wanted. The only place with the same price (that I could find) was Graf & Sons and they have that $4.98 charge. The free shipping was what got them my business. Like anything else you should really shop around. It's like me getting a barrel for my Hawken, Midway USA is the cheapest I can find it with Track of the Wolf being a close second. However neither place actually has it in stock. :( I'm waiting till Midway USA gets it in before ordering since I don't want two shipping charges. I gotta order a few things from TOTW too, but would rather order the barrel from Midway since it's closer and hence less shipping cost.

Getting a Leupold Patrick? 8) I think you'll like that scope! Good to find a new place to get optics too! :D

big6x6 said:
Getting a Leupold Patrick? 8) I think you'll like that scope! Good to find a new place to get optics too! :D

I'm gonna try it. The Omega's been needing a scope I can trust. We'll see how it stacks up against my current favorite.

It showed up today. I looked through it but it fogged up pretty bad because it'd been on the cold UPS truck. I'll compare scopes in the morning. I did notice one thing that was dissapointing, the LRD reticle shown on websites show lines. Instead it has dots. According to the little manual that came with it they are .95 MOA dots.

Latest posts

Back