• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE DO NOT BUY OR SELL ANYTHING ATM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably more like 99.99% have ended with complete satisfaction since ive been here. Its extremely rare for a deal to go bad here. I would wager your chances of a bad deal or simple errors with online vendors using a CC are worse. ;)
Right. Only way to get a White should I ever sale another one is to send me the money first. 😂. Dont trust me to follow through then it is your loss. No pun intended. The other side of the spectrum I have even sent guns to members long before I got paid . Certain people you know for years you just know you can trust them . One incident of a scammer shouldn't change everyones attitude. Auction sites are easier to get taken in on a bad deal than on the forum.

I understand and appreciate that but I was making an entirely different point. The fact that people situations and morals may change over time so somebody who was reputable may be less than reputable given a situation it's just not worth it.

I'm sure there have been many many transactions here that have ended in satisfaction for both parties. These are just my personal opinions and my personal approach to doing business.

Again to to thier own and that's the last I'll say about this subject. I Felt I've made my point.
Thats why you will never get a chance tom own one of my many fine muzzys🤣🤣🤣

So far, I've only made one purchase from a member here and the transaction went smoothly.
I think the vast majority of members here are good, honest people.
I know that my own good name and reputation are far more valuable to me than a couple hundred bucks I could make by trying to scam someone.

Y'all have really have a way of quoting my posts and sucking me back into this thread.

I can understand the motivation on this website to have this type of trade going on I just choose not to engage in it and if I miss out on a rifle oh well. That's simply not how I do business.

I'm sure 99.99% of the transactions go fine. If it's good for you perfect do it for me I'm smart enough to never do a transaction like that through the mail without any type of protection and that's the point. Again as I've stated over and over to each their own.

This is one of the oldest lessons that we learned in the mail order business. Duh don't send cash. Sending cash in the mail is already not a good idea. For the umpteenth time if it works for you go for it.

No one "sucked" you back into anything. You dont buy or sell here so its of no consequence to you.
I think for once we agree carry on. I certainly didn't mean to poke at the bees-siness nest. 😂

I have over 50 rifles and pistols I can use another one like a hole in the head. That's why I purchasing from somebody known or not is not on top of my list of places to get a rifle deal or not.

I still remember the day i bought one of the first rifles off this site when Big6x6 owned it. Ultra Light Arms model 20 and Underclock "made me" buy it. Took me all of 20min to decide after his ruthless taunts.
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/well-heres-my-post-about-ula-50-ii.4720/
What a deal i got on a $1800 rifle. Back then though they were not that much. It was about $900 new and over a year wait if you ordered one from Melvin. Now im sitting on one of the rarest MLs you can get and its currently wearing a Vortex Razor HD LH i got for peanuts too. (not pictured)
69PmgNS.jpg

Dishonesty (and outright fraud) seem tools to further destabilize this nation. Here in OR home purchase contracts contain a new disclosure you must sign acknowledging that you may be defrauded by bank wire transfers.

Ahh, weak passwords.... With all the assaults coming againg anything 2A related it wouldn't surprise me if us front stuffers got lumped into the mix and have more of a target on our heads "so to speak" that's a bummer. I hate thieves

I’m amazed that people were able to get refunds from PayPal, etc., on gun-related purchases. I am assuming they didn’t know/didn’t ask what was the transaction?

I’m amazed that people were able to get refunds from PayPal, etc., on gun-related purchases. I am assuming they didn’t know/didn’t ask what was the transaction?
I understand if you get caught violating their rules they can not only refuse to help but seize any funds in your PP account. Not sure but heard (but cannot confirm) chargebacks to Credit cards/accts tied to the PP account!!.. Was advise early on to have only a dedicated accounts tied to PP with low or no funds in them. Add is the the $600 trigger for an IRS 1099K and using PP for selling is playing with fire.

In no way is this a criticism of this site. I love this site, the people involved and appreciate all the mods are doing to keep it going. I was not so lucky. Whereas most immediately got their transaction stopped, Paypal assured me that I would be safe. The following day, they withdrew the funds from my bank account even though their system flagged the transaction as possibly fraudulent. Three times, during lengthy discussions with advisors, I was told that I just had to endure their process but I was pre-flagged to receive my funds back. The first step was allowing 10 days to pass to allow the fraudster to reply to my dispute. I was also assured that in these cases, there is seldom a reply which would automatically assure my refund. After 10 days, with no reply, I was then told that it was forwarded to claims to adjust. 20 days later, I was notified that the judgement was held against me and that the funds had been released to the Chinese Imposter. I then called back to PP and asked to hear all of the taped conversations with multiple assurances from their staff that I would be ok. The supervisor would not cooperate and basically told me tough luck. The basis for decision was that I had sent it to a friend and therefore, I am not privy to the protections that PP eagerly advertises. Thankfully, a friend of mine works for a bank and since my debit is tied to my credit card, she advised me to call the credit card company. I did, filed an attestation of fraudulent charge, submitted the case file I had built and provided to PP and my bank made the correction, taking back the money from PP. Looking back over the whole ordeal....it's ultimately my fault. If the deal is too good, it's probably not true! Throwing this back up here so those of us not aware, there's one more method of recovery if all others strike out.

A little off topic but everybody needs to know that these third-party facilitators (Ebay, PayPal, Venmo, etc) are now required to issue a 1099K for ANY incoming funds totaling more than 600 dollars. If you sell a couple of ML's and use PayPal and let's say the total is 700, you will have to account for that "income"on your taxes. Even if you sell items at a loss, you will have to keep records. This has put my little ML parts business, out of business.

Latest posts

Back