Do you recognize this style knife

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
This was found in some of my late uncle's things, I've never seen one like it. Says Don Carlos..Friedr.Herder ABR.SOHN Solingen-Germany, On the blade.

Attachments

• 20210602_223604.jpg
    20210602_223604.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 47
Looks to be a quality butcher’s tool.

Any knife coming out of Solingen Germany is high quality. I found a set of Zwilling A.J. Henckles knives, also a Solingen Germany company, at a hate sale [divorce garage sale] that would have retailed for upwards of $700.00 bucks for $30.00. Solingen is noted for the extremely high quality stainless steel that is from there. The knife shown here has the gold spade inlay in the handle with I believe is the trademark for this company's high end products. Nice find.

Any knife coming out of Solingen Germany is high quality. I found a set of Zwilling A.J. Henckles knives, also a Solingen Germany company, at a hate sale [divorce garage sale] that would have retailed for upwards of $700.00 bucks for $30.00. Solingen is noted for the extremely high quality stainless steel that is from there. The knife shown here has the gold spade inlay in the handle with I believe is the trademark for this company's high end products. Nice find.
That might be a leather working knife for skiving?

Thanks guys. Looks just like the one posted in the Amazon.

Back