Does anyone else go thru this ORDEAL with smokeless ML'S.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom I ran into a similar ordeal this summer. I ended up finding some plastic built up in my barrel. I had to really scrub the barrell with a .50 cal wire bore brush. It's shot great ever since. Over 150 shots sinse that cleaning, only to clean breech plug and change the ventliner every 50 to 60 shots. I do run a brush through it when I clean the breech plug but only one swipe.

Hope you get it all figured out soon.

Spitpatch said:
Use the Disc Elite if you must. It would appear that the Savage needs cleaned as much as any other ML, so what's the diff...

That's not even close to being true. The Savage DOES NOT need cleaning like other muzzleloaders and no smoke either. As far as the disc elite mine is junk. After getting a new barrel now the bolt won't go in. Very glad this is not to hunt with and only toy around. Maybe I could use it as a door prop. :x Grouse if you have to hunt with another gun go with the Encore. :wink:

Use the Disc Elite if you must. It would appear that the Savage needs cleaned as much as any other ML, so what's the diff...

Nah... it may seem that way, but it is very far from the truth! From time to time, you may experience "STARS OUT OF ALIGNMENT!" But for the most part.. Smokeless is cleaner, easier to shoot consistently, and the cleanup is all but gone!

As JD said, give your gun 15 minutes every 60 shots or extended range day and you will be good to go! ( I cant shoot my CF that many times before accuracy goes away )

Other than that.. Shoot what ya like!! It really makes no difference to me! ( Magilla would never know the difference !!! ) :prayer:

This place would be pretty boring if we all shot the same gun and same load wouldn't it? :lol:

Latest posts

Back