Dream Season -- 275g Fury Star Tip Mz

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it is getting to be that time of year again. The other morning it was 30° when shooting commenced, and this morning it was 38°. Initially it was perfect conditions.

Target was out 75 yard. Rifle was Omega Dream Season carrying a 1X scope. He is a hunting rifle; regulation requires non-magnified optic, or iron sight. No need to feel sorry for him, never carrying a real scope; he gets to hunt every every year.

Load is 95 grain Blackhorn powder, Smooth sized 50 caliber 275g Star Tip MZ, MMP ballistic bridge sub-base, CCI shotgun primer.

Six shots.

IMG_5043.JPG

The Bestill breech plug worked perfectly as usual.

sixprimer.jpg

I passed up on a dream season .50 cal 5-6 years ago for $175 still kick myself over that one. Nice groups!

I believe it’s just the mossy oak treestand Camo synthetic stock. I’ll let the pros weigh in.....

What's the difference between a Dream Season Omega and a "regular " one? Thanks
John
The Dream Season has a 26" barrel, instead of a 28" barrel the regular Omega has.

The Dream Season came with a "power" ramrod, instead of the standard rod.

The barrel of the Dream Season is bevel fluted.

The Dream Season has a "flex tech" stock designed to reduce recoil, and comes with a better recoil pad than standard.

The Dream Season weighs abourt 7½ pounds with scope, and loaded, which is significantly less than the standard Omega.

For a weak old man, the Dream Season makes a nice hunting rifle.

Latest posts

Back