Build a Knight 45 mountaineer mzl

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok all you Knight experts way in on information.Instead of buying a Knight mountaineer 45 cal complete,I am going to build one.I have a mountaineer 50 cal stock I tookoff and put on a Boyds t/h stock.I see where Knight as a 45 cal 1;20 twist barrel for sale for the mountaineer.So i rumaged through through all my left over parts.I came up with a trigger guard,bolt body with fpj cup that is removable,and 3 breech plugs for bare 209 primer.1 bp for fpj and a ram rod.If I put the 45 mountaineer barell,can I still use the plug and bolt?I need to find the innards for the bolt and trigger assembly.If I forgot anything please let me know or anybody has parts they need to get rid of please let me know.I figure this way I will save some money instead of payingalmost a $1000.00 for the new one.Thanks for all the info in advance.I was going to go with the ul 45,but I like the extra lengthand weight of the mountaineer.

50cal to 45cal Mountaineer is a 100% direct part swap. All Knight bolts and triggers (Ulite, Mount, Extreme, Elite) swap. Mountaineer and Ulite use a different breech plug than the Extremes/Elites.

Elites, Ulites and Moutnaineers all have the cantilever lug. Extreme lug is the old style.

So yes a 45cal Mountaineer barrel will drop right into your 50cal parts. You might need to shim the plug to get the same primer fit but it will go right in.

This is a 45cal barrel kit dropped in a older Knight TH stock, older Knight trigger, Lehigh plug, Elite bolt internals and a bolt body from Sportsmans. Only thing this one needed was the lug area needed a tiny bit of work because its a Extreme stock. It drops right in my Elite stock.
USaNr9f.jpg

Gun looks great.Looking for bolt internals and trigger assembly for having all I think I need.Appreciate the info.I have that scope base on my 45 sml knight .This new one will be bh 209 only.

That base is 2 slots longer than what Murphy currently offers. The regular length base is just a bit short for the S-TAC 4-20x50 (almost 15" long) but its fine for the 3-16x42. (13")

On mine I have a 4x16x42 on the 45 sml.Took deer from 15yds-to a buck at 246yds.What is that Sporstmans you spoke of earlier?
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...sories/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/p62025
That S-TAC is only around $300 if still on sale....Great scope for the money. 3-16x42 is also the same price.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...7b0f-013a-e193-00163e6c3713?variation=3156033
I got a SWFA SS 10x42 coming to try too. Another EXCELLENT scope. Only $200 and under 19oz. Made in Japan. MOA or MIL Quad
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html

I have that bolt body and breech plug,just don,t have the internals for the bolt or trigger assembly.Thank you for the help.
The bolt length is different on the Mtnr than the previous models - so used internals made be difficult to locate.
The trigger assembly is the same on all their bolt rifles.
Good luck..

The bolt length is different on the Mtnr than the previous models - so used internals made be difficult to locate.
The trigger assembly is the same on all their bolt rifles.
Good luck..
That would be quite strange because a Mountaineer bare primer bolt body went right in my DISC Original and functions. Plus Elite internals function just fine in that body also.

Ok,to simplify matters,could I just use the entire bolt and internals on the new barrel?It just takes a couple of seconds to pull the bolt out and put in back on.That way I could just find a trigger assembly for the new one.The only thing is,I sent the bolt to jeff at bestiil creations and he turned the diameter of the firing pin down so the primers would quit sticking when fired.I put the whole sml system from the boyds stock onto the mtn stock and it all seem to fit and work okay.It was the original stock to begin with.

That would be quite strange because a Mountaineer bare primer bolt body went right in my DISC Original and functions. Plus Elite internals function just fine in that body also.
Correct - my bad - it’s the breech plug lengths that are different.
Thanks

Well I have the stock,trigger guard,bolt and firing pin asembly,3 bp's for 209 bare primer and 1 plug for the fpj model as well to start my build on my 45 cal Knight muzzleloader.I can not get a lead on the trigger assembly and knight has them for over $300.00 and the 45 cal barrel is going to be over $360.00 with shipping.With all that cost I probaly might be better off saling the stuff and just buying a new one.May sale my 2 cva muzzleloaders to off set the cost of the Knight.Will keep looking for a trigger assembly for a little while longer.

Well I have the stock,trigger guard,bolt and firing pin asembly,3 bp's for 209 bare primer and 1 plug for the fpj model as well to start my build on my 45 cal Knight muzzleloader.I can not get a lead on the trigger assembly and knight has them for over $300.00 and the 45 cal barrel is going to be over $360.00 with shipping.With all that cost I probaly might be better off saling the stuff and just buying a new one.May sale my 2 cva muzzleloaders to off set the cost of the Knight.Will keep looking for a trigger assembly for a little while longer.

Keep
Searching for a used one at any local pawn shops or gun stores. There has to be one with a rusted bore that you can buy for $100 or less. Just be patient. I’m going through the same search as you except I bought the 50 cal barrel. I already had a complete 45 fast twist but had too many 50 cal bullets and sabots to not own a 50. With my barrel and bolt assembly and firing pin assembly, all together I’m at about $550. All I need to
Find is another donor disc
Or elite to finish, I’m using the trigger assembly from the 45 in the mean time.

With me already having the other equipment the barrel would be my biggest cost IF I can run across the trigger assembly.If I buy the barrel I could use my trigger until I did find one,that way I could get it up and start shooting.I would like the 45 cal in 1:20 twist.All my bullets and sabots are for a 45,but this one will be for in the woods hunting.My 45 knight sml is for over cut corn or soy bean fields.Still might sale the cva's for money for the barrel.

These

Attachments

• E6977205-39B9-4743-8BE3-C32D7D45A56B.jpeg
    E6977205-39B9-4743-8BE3-C32D7D45A56B.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1
Back