Encore/omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowwalker

Reaction score
Have a chance to maybe buy a T/C Encore or a Omega both .45 cal both stainless camo,the Encore has a scope and she wants $495.00. The Omega is $345.00 ..I don’t know to much about the .45 cal...I would like to maybe get the Encore because you can buy other barrels for it..turns out the woman who is selling these rifles is her old mans who passed away..and she won’t budge on the price..what a Dilemma for me...And by the way both unshot new in box...

Encore I have 4 of them they are in my opinion one of the very best you can get. All my barrels shoot. Great.

Thanks guys for the replies...haven’t decided on either one yet might just buy both :D

Buy both, I have both and they do shoot very well, I have since moved away from break action guns, however I am probably going to by a cva Accura mr soon. Hear and read positive about them . good luck. I will say that encore guns can get get a little finicky at times , I have had carbon build up in the firing pin and it gets hard to open after the shot, easy fix but can catch you off guard suddenly , my omegas shoot flawless always

Buy them both.

You may get a gem if they are 1-20 twist

Both are good guns. But, I would go with the Omega. Its one piece stock tips the scales for me. Yes, there are more options for the Encore, but I still think TC made a gigantic mistake cancelling the Omega series. The Triumph and Impact just don't do it for me.
I have a 45 ( Black Diamond) and it does fine work on deer. I use the 180 and 200 grain 40 caliber XTP'S. 1-20 or 1-28, you'll have a fine rifle with either twist.

Omegas in 45 are somewhat sought after. Its easy to make a 45cal Encore with a aftermarket barrel but Omega 45s are drying up fast. Thats a good price though for the Encore in stainless. Just make sure its SS and not Weathershield. Just a SS action at Hausofarms is $340.

HAVING HAD BOTH I WILL SAY BOTH ARE EXCELLENT GUNS THE ENCORE TAKES A BIT MORE TUNING UP BUT THE AFTERMARKET OPTIONS OPEN MANY DOORS.
If you are a serious shooter or an avid hunter I would recommend the Encore if you are a hunting season only person I would recommend the Omega.

Back