Entry level guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLYBYU44, "The Wolf is a descent gun for the money". What would you do to improve the Wolf. Truth be known Ill bet the Wolf can satisfy the needs of 99% of ML hunters. Id call that an amazing gun for the money not just descent.

FLYBYU44, "The Wolf is a descent gun for the money". What would you do to improve the Wolf. Truth be known Ill bet the Wolf can satisfy the needs of 99% of ML hunters. Id call that an amazing gun for the money not just descent.

If I was making my dream CVA Wolf, it would have a more solid feeling plastic stock or wood, with actual metal sling swivels. I would also have the sights so they are screwed on in two spots so they are a little more durable. Other than that it is a great gun. As a beginner to inline guns, I really don't think I need anything better.

I really love a wood stock. I hate the composites even though most of my guns have them...

The Boyd’s stock is for an earlier version than the newest one according to the measurements on the site. I called and the one I talked to did not know what version theirs fit, just said measure mine. I’d like a wood stock option myself over plastic but other than that it’s a great value. Even better if you get another breech plug to shoot bh.

I wondered about that and it was one of the questions I wanted to ask. However, I couldn't get them to answer the phone.

I like my Impact more than any of my others over the years,including a few encores,omega,tradtions and I have the original impact in black synthetic/blued that I wrapped in mossy oak treestand the evening I brought it home from work in 2016.

I am going to order a newer sb this week either the bottomland/blued or the black synthetic/weathershield, I am leaning towards the bottomland as I have a nice scope I had dipped in bottomland along with some rings and bases a few months back for ome of my turkey shotguns.

The impacts fit me well and are my favorite black powder to hunt with. I just sold 2 triumphs because they were just taking up room and I was not going tonise them,I made 945 dollars buying them and then turning around and selling them 4 months later.

Buying and selling used guns has been good too me the last decade.

Back