Finally got to shoot my Knight LRH (Bought from Big 6x6)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlp10ml

Reaction score
A while back I bought Chuck's Knight LRH he had for sale here.I bought a Sightron Big Sky 3.5-10-42 scope for it and Warne QR Rings.Well yesterday I finally shot it,it was a perfect day,56 degrees and no wind.It was not a perfect day shooting though.I was using BH209 powder,I had a bunch of 100,110 and 120 gr. loads made up.Primer of choice was Fed 209A's,with the FPJ breach set-up and I had ZERO hang fires,the ignition was instantaneous.Bullets I had 250 gr Barnes TMZ (boattail),250 gr Barnes TMZ EZ (flat-based),260 gr Harvester Scorpion PT gold,300 gr Harvester Scorpion PT gold (both Harvesters use the Black Crush Rib Sabot) and some 290 gr Barnes TMZ EZ (flat-based).I tried just about every combination possible and could only get about a 3 1/2" 100 yard group out of it.With the Barnes TMZ EZ's I was using Harvesters Black and Red Crush Rib Sabot.Well this morning,I went back out determind to shoot a good group.Yesterday it seemed like the most consistency was from 120 gr of BH209,so I started with that.What I tried different from yesterday is I tried the Barnes 250 TMZ EZ with the supplied Blue "EZ LOAD" Sabot.It loaded nice and smooth and firm all the down the barrel.Well,enough of my rambling on,here is the group I shot,it is 8 shots @ 100 yards,53 degrees and a slight breeze.Now,I am Happy! I want to also thank Big 6x6 (Chuck) again. --------------- Rich

DSCN1494.jpg

That is a nice looking group. And with that kind of power, little could stand up to that.

Rich,

Ive been shooting pretty good groups with my LRH, using 110g@209, cci209m with or without fpj. Im in my sixth can of 209 today. Ive tried just about every combo and the best by far out to 200yds is the 250gr sst w/short mmp sabot. I really like the Barnes 290g TMZ but for as much i shoot, its pretty pricey.
The number one tip i can pass on to you about the LRH, which was told to be a huntingnet member, is when you remove the barrel from the stock, mark your screws or put a bore sighter on it. I put a boresight on it and ck my zero, and then left the boresighter in the barrel,removed it from the stock and replaced it and tightened the top stock screw and the trigger guard screw and just a 1/4 turn either way off from where it was realy throws your zero off. I could look through my scope and tighten and loosen the stock screw and just watch my cross hairs move around the boresighter grid. So know i have the numbers on the grid i need, take apart and clean it, put it back together , and tighten the screws until it lined back like it was. Bob

GREAT! Glad you like it!

I certainly would NOT take that rifle out of the stock or even touch the stock screws until after hunting season...with Blackhorn 209...you don't need to..

Good shooting!

Latest posts

Back